GTTi

kelisa187

Known Member
Mar 30, 2004
Visit site
gtti into kelisa no need to mod the mountings erkk?i thought it quite different?

Speed Demon

Known Member
Nov 17, 2003
Selangor
www.freewebs.com
Originally posted by kelisa187@Dec 24 2004, 04:14
gtti into kelisa no need to mod the mountings erkk?i thought it quite different?
Good point! If engine mountings are modified, PRIOR approval from JPJ and Puspakom is required.

TiBuN

Known Member
May 16, 2004
Penang / BM
Visit site
I think in order to get your friend's engine into your car, you'll need to meet 1 criteria which is a letter which confirms your friend's car decommission. Meaning a letter saying his car will NEVER see the road again.
Normally people take half cut because the half cut is already certified with the custom form that say it's a junk metal (will not be use on street as a whole). That's why also JPJ inspection strictly check for any possible welding of half cut. It's part of the system to ensure traceability.

I hope you get what i mean. Next thing you need 2 know is where to obtain the 'decommision letter' i mentioned. I dunno which is the relevant department.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Ladies and gents, Group Lotus PLC has just confirmed that Mr Dany Bahar is no longer Chief Executive Officer of Lotus, with immediate effect, which follows the result of an investigation due to a complaint made by DRB-HICOM Bhd against Dany.

<!--more-->However, Group Lotus has announced that they have appointed Mr Aslam Farikullah, aged 51 with most of his 26 years of experience having been...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience