Grippen brakes

Dino@Casper

May 13, 2005
P.J
if u compare with brembo all those.. no its cheaper.. off cause its more expensive than ur oem set... i suppose u could say its value for money...

JoePrince

Nov 18, 2004
read the marketing material on the Grippen brake system.

The calipers are made of aluminium alloy (as per Brembo and AP Racing) and the rotors are 2 piece (same like the top end Brembo and AP brake systems).

The manufacturer claims that everything is mahined by CNC precision machining equipment.

The main question is: has anyone used/installed this type of aftermarket brake system before? If you know of someone, could you kindly direct me to have a chat with them to hear of their experience and feedback on this mod.

Thanks!

LemonRuski

Known Member
Jun 16, 2005
KL
just out of curiosity, would anyone here happen to know the minimum amount of $$ that i would need to have to install Grippen on my car?

1,000 ...2,000...3,000 ??

Gti

1,000 RPM
Sep 5, 2004
Visit site
the last time i asked bout last month....
the guy quote me 5k++ for gti...
donno how true is that...dat guy is a joker anyway...

Lennon

1,000 RPM
Apr 11, 2005
Gti said:
the last time i asked bout last month....
the guy quote me 5k++ for gti...
donno how true is that...dat guy is a joker anyway...
Although it's cheaper then brembo, it's still not for average guys.... :Not_Impressed:

JoePrince

Nov 18, 2004
The Grippen brakes for Protons are around 5k or so.

These brakes are 4-pot configuration similiar to those Brembo brakes used on the EVO, Skyline and Subarus.

Not too sure about the performance, which is why I started this thread.

Anyways, for Protons I'd recommend you fit the twin-pot brakes from the EVO3 or VR4. The braking power is more than enough to handle the power. I've used this setup in racing before and they are more than up to the job of handling the SS tarmac and gravel rally stages that I used to run my Putra on. But then of course....there's no harm considering something sexier and more special such as this kind of brakes!!!!! :regular_smile:

Doink

3,000 RPM
Aug 1, 2004
House
Visit site
i would prefer to take alcon or AP...grippen still sounds new...and maybe they use other brands new technology...so...pretty hard to say.... you would have to test it out yourself

Gti

1,000 RPM
Sep 5, 2004
Visit site
i wonder who would invest 5k something on a gti...simply for braking system...
doesn't sound too clever rite?
haha
it's already like 20-30% of the price of a used GTi...
well..at least i won...
hehe
1.92 per litre...remembeR?
haha

TitanRev

You think I print money?
Helmet Clan
Mar 3, 2005
Aiks.. so expensive for S.GTi ah ? I ask them just on Dec 2005. They quote me RM3700 for my 206. Its a front 4 pot complete system that fits 15" rims. But the clearence of the disc and the rim is max out already.

JoePrince

Nov 18, 2004
Doink said:
i would prefer to take alcon or AP...grippen still sounds new...and maybe they use other brands new technology...so...pretty hard to say.... you would have to test it out yourself
By all means go for the bigger brand names...but add at least another 60% and more to the final price of the product.

Most of the folks here are already balking at the RM5k price, for AP it's closer to RM9k or even 10k for the braking systems.

I don;t want to get into the debate of: "yeah, the brand is well known", "brakes are the most important thing...."; "unknown product...." etc.

Just asking if anyone has knowledge or experience.

I didn't get a chance to talk to the super modded Skyline owners who fitted the Grippen brake systems to their cars. perhaps I'll ask Kee for their contacts and get their opinions.

I'll then post their comments here so that we are all in the know. (That's provided I can get their contact numbers.)

Cheers!

dolly

500 RPM
Dec 24, 2003
i was quoted 3.5k, but was not given any specific details about the brakes.

but what do you do when you need to replace the pads?

JoePrince

Nov 18, 2004
There are plenty of aftermarket choices for brake pads. Endless, EBC, Mintex, etc etc.

Replacing pads on these kind of brakes is very simple. My stock 4-pot calipers just requires the release of the brake pad cover and retainer pin, push back the brake pistons and pull out the old pads and insert the new ones.

vladimir

500 RPM
Jan 5, 2006
how much is the GRIPPEN BRAKE? anyone can quote me?

pls PM me thanks! and as well BREMBO!