Going to puspakom for ownership transfer

DanzEterna

Nov 1, 2007
PJ
www.primeperdanaclub.com
ahaaha...u also know bout the place ah?

---------- Post added at 10:38 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 10:38 AM ----------

ok ma....who goin there inform in advance 1st...after puspakom can go teh tarik....:)

teo1957

Known Member
Nov 12, 2006
ahaaha...u also know bout the place ah?

---------- Post added at 10:38 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 10:38 AM ----------

ok ma....who goin there inform in advance 1st...after puspakom can go teh tarik....:)
Sure know one... last time went there 45 minutes oni complete... later all ZTH go there afraid like become mod car festival and JPJ open shop next to the Puspakom... chialat liddat hahaha...

VectorX2

Known Member
Aug 23, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
last time i went to wangsa maju's puspakom to tengok tengok how the place is like... and the process itself... wanted to do a voluntary inspection to check out the process... i reach there the puspakom guys told me... don't even go inside there do inspection... most probably a lot of things would fail especially tinting... it really freaks me... and then hear alot of stories all around malaysia... ini fail that fail... the tinting shop more geng... ask me straight tear off all my tinting before going inspection (i feel like he wants me to spend another thousand there for tinting).... i even heard skirting and enlarged rims also will fail inspection... banyak stories betul... i just wanna get things done... so many stories really freaks me...

sugizo_takuro

Known Member
Feb 20, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
if modified are not against the law, always can pass.. ppl dont understand about the tinted.. shop always claim that their tint will pass.. sure their tint will pass if puspakom ppl check only their tint film.. but, the windscreen also have its restriction that will lessen the reading of the tint tester... when the tint film combined with the windscreen, sure cannot pass lor... then use the tint film with less restriction....for example, a camry windscreen without tinted can reach 78 reading on the tester.. then it is only 8 percent more of tint can be used...

kumar22mostwanted

1,500 RPM
Jan 9, 2010
HELL!!!
if modified are not against the law, always can pass.. ppl dont understand about the tinted.. shop always claim that their tint will pass.. sure their tint will pass if puspakom ppl check only their tint film.. but, the windscreen also have its restriction that will lessen the reading of the tint tester... when the tint film combined with the windscreen, sure cannot pass lor... then use the tint film with less restriction....for example, a camry windscreen without tinted can reach 78 reading on the tester.. then it is only 8 percent more of tint can be used...
that is a very good point there bro
wow i did not know that u mean the standard glass also 78% reading already means wasting money only to put tint that will eventually have to be teared off :bawling:
i was in this situation also once the tint cost rm2000 and have to tear off :bawling:
so now i just use rm 100 tint :biggrin: so the pain wont be so much

sugizo_takuro

Known Member
Feb 20, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
yes... car nowadays have their glass uv filtered and others.. not like older cars like vannete, or other older cars.. their glass are 90 on the reading...one more, if you can see the windscreen or the door glass, at the very low right there are some writings on that area.. if it stated AS1 and AS2, the glass can pass.. if AS3, just say bye2.. you have to change the glass.. you can see some estima's, harriers usually have their glass AS3..... if the car are recond from japan, sure come with that kind... just to remind others...

-sky-

Known Member
Apr 2, 2006
last time when i did my checking in Puspakom, they didn't bother to say anthing about the colour that i have changed.

So it might depend very much of the luck we have or the mood of the officer checking our car.

sugizo_takuro

Known Member
Feb 20, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
the result will be PASS even if you changed the colour. there will be only remarks on that cert to tell the new colour that car. you change from what colour to?

-sky-

Known Member
Apr 2, 2006
the result will be PASS even if you changed the colour. there will be only remarks on that cert to tell the new colour that car. you change from what colour to?
Well, they should ask me about the colour if b4 they start their routine on checking my car chasis, engine no and etc but nope they didn't.

Why i din't use they instead of he or she? Because there were somewhere around 18 to 22 PUSPAKOM Officer checking my beloved Saga Silver Spoon with near to perfect 4G61T in the engine bay. They were too busy arguing my 4G61 serial no location.

Long story short, after everything was settled (by a funny incident after 4hours spent) they gave me the Passed Certification.

They sad story was, i forgot to mention to them that i want the colour to be changed in the "geran" actually. I only realized the thing when i arrived home.

I would say, IT DEPEND ON OUR LUCK... again. :biggrin:

BTW, what is GERAN KERETA in english? Is it Green Card? hehehe..

kumar22mostwanted

1,500 RPM
Jan 9, 2010
HELL!!!
Well, they should ask me about the colour if b4 they start their routine on checking my car chasis, engine no and etc but nope they didn't.

Why i din't use they instead of he or she? Because there were somewhere around 18 to 22 PUSPAKOM Officer checking my beloved Saga Silver Spoon with near to perfect 4G61T in the engine bay. They were too busy arguing my 4G61 serial no location.

Long story short, after everything was settled (by a funny incident after 4hours spent) they gave me the Passed Certification.

They sad story was, i forgot to mention to them that i want the colour to be changed in the "geran" actually. I only realized the thing when i arrived home.

PINK SLIP like in FAST AND FURIOUS :biggrin: our geran also happens to be in pink :biggrin:

sugizo_takuro

Known Member
Feb 20, 2010
Kuala Lumpur

hmmm...maybe they are 'excited' about the 'findings'..they forgot to changed..hahaha...usually they will checked and remarked..

xandras

Known Member
Apr 29, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
I have a question, guys. I'm transferring the car ownership to a relative soon, therefore I need to go for the Puspakom inspection. My concern is more about the tint and number plate. Mine was rather fancy plates with carbon fibre backing, so I suppose this has to be reverted back to the stock plate with black backing?

And about the tint, I'm sure my side windows are 54% VLT. Not too sure about the front one though. My dad suggested that I should remove all the tint before going for the Puspakom test, but u know.. Felt kinda 'sakit hati' cos the tint worth close to RM 2k (security tint), also saved my cousin from an incident of mat rempit attack where they tried to break the window with their helmets but to no avail, and the new owner want it to remain on the car. In the even that my car fail the VLT test, does it mean I have to remove ALL of the windows' tints, or only the ones that failed?

VectorX2

Known Member
Aug 23, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
I have a question, guys. I'm transferring the car ownership to a relative soon, therefore I need to go for the Puspakom inspection. My concern is more about the tint and number plate. Mine was rather fancy plates with carbon fibre backing, so I suppose this has to be reverted back to the stock plate with black backing?

And about the tint, I'm sure my side windows are 54% VLT. Not too sure about the front one though. My dad suggested that I should remove all the tint before going for the Puspakom test, but u know.. Felt kinda 'sakit hati' cos the tint worth close to RM 2k (security tint), also saved my cousin from an incident of mat rempit attack where they tried to break the window with their helmets but to no avail, and the new owner want it to remain on the car. In the even that my car fail the VLT test, does it mean I have to remove ALL of the windows' tints, or only the ones that failed?
remove the front one den put a ciplak one.... den they wun so picky on ure side ones... usually they pick on ure front mirror... but if u remove straight den they will sure pick on ure side... if ur sure they pass just remove the front one...

as for the number plate just get a standard number plate before going into inspection... it would be better...

xandras

Known Member
Apr 29, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
remove the front one den put a ciplak one.... den they wun so picky on ure side ones... usually they pick on ure front mirror... but if u remove straight den they will sure pick on ure side... if ur sure they pass just remove the front one...

as for the number plate just get a standard number plate before going into inspection... it would be better...
I removed all the tint already. Luckily I know the tint shop owner well and she's willing to offer me lower price to reinstall a new set of tint.

As for the number plate, it's a tad bit too late.. After remove tint it's already too late, most accessory shop that i went is closed already.. So see whether I'm that unlucky or not tomorrow.. :banghead: The carbon fibre backing isnt so visible from far, cos the texture is very very fine and very dark in colour, also because they are slightly dirty..

Do u know how is the slip test being carried out?

VectorX2

Known Member
Aug 23, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Do u know how is the slip test being carried out?
ure just doing B5 test only rite??

B5 not inclusive of side slip...

but the sideslip is just like... putting a car on a dyno den let ure car run see whether ure car slip to the left or right or not...

anyway... what i have bee through for B5 is just matching engine number, chases number, tint test, ground clearance test, lights, chases inspection for cuts and joint...

B7 got more test.... if going for hire purchase la...

EvolutionZ

5,000 RPM
Helmet Clan
Aug 3, 2007
tint better remove, cos nowaday they dont allow us to peel off if not comply to their light test. they will straight fail u and u need to pay & queue again after peeling off..so pay twice lor.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hi sifu's

What are the different between these two adjustable? beside the price..:confused:
I'm planning to change my stock absorber. TEIN are my first choice.

I need info from driver familiar with ant of these adjustable absorber.

thanks
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience