Godzilla-sized changes for the 2012 GT-R

Dinesh

500 RPM
Oct 13, 2006

Our earlier update on the 2012 Nissan GT-R covered some of the improvements that we would have come to expect such as a slight increase in power, improved aerodynamics and new wheel designs but the GT-R souled folks at NAGTROC are claiming some Godzilla-sized changes to the 2012 model that would even see chassis tweaks.

They claim that the changes are so significant that the model would even be referred to as the DBA-R35 over its current alphanumeric CBA-R35.

The chassis gets reinforced on the front end and around the dashboard support area, right behind the firewall. The front suspension strut towers are strengthened with carbon and aluminium materials for increased rigidity. This should improve the car’s point-and-shoot capabilities with less body flex and more efficient weight transfer.

As for the suspension, not only do the dampers and springs get new rates, the entire geometry is revised as is the construction. Stopping power is increased with the brakes being newly made over with Nissan claiming to have improved pad and rotor life.

The biggest change for the 2012 GT-R would possibly be the new feature touted that would allow the car to be temporarily put in complete rear-wheel drive 2WD mode. All one would have to do is to hold the transmission switch on fuel-save mode for four seconds and the GT-R will send all the power to the rear wheels.

If this were true, the possibilities for the GT-R would be endless. Burnouts, full on drag launches and even drifting would all be easily achievable in this mode. The only bother is would the rear drivetrain be able to handle 100 per cent of the power going through it and would using it void the transmission warranty that has so famously been tied to the car.

Source: Jalopnik and NAGTROC

Attachments

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Guys,

I'm looking to get a SR16VE NEO VVL engine. I hear that there's a few variations and the one I'm looking at is from the N15 Pulsar.

Now, with that said, there's 2 version of NEO from the N15 Pulsar body.

SR16VE NEO and SR16VE NEO Autech Version. The Autech version comes in the Pulsar SR-V VZ-R edition.

Whats the difference as far as the engine and the mechanical point of view?

I know there's an extra sticker on the cylinder head cover and the gauge has Autech Japan...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience