Full racing and Semi racing clutch behaviour

shelby

Known Member
Oct 6, 2004
Visit site
I have just installed the Exedy Semi Racing clutch for my SGTI. Isit normal that the clutch will judder and vibrate from stand still eg; traffic jam ?

Just wanna clarify with those who have tried the clutch on SGTI. I have noticed the footwork from using racing clutches and stock clutches has huge differences. besides heavier footwork , the clutch has lesser clutching band ( i hope i get this term is right ) , means you cannot balance the clucth as much as stock clutch eg; balancing your clutch footwork on a uphill.

But i certainly like the full throttle launch and the torque increase after the upgrade.:regular_smile:

Mind share your exprience?

Cheers

Daniel1688

500 RPM
Jun 23, 2005
PJ/KL
yes its normal for your car to judder and vibrate from standstill when you use exedy racing clutch.the reasom u cant balance your clutch compare to stock clutch is becos the bite of the racing clutch is much stronger compare to your stock clutch.

shelby

Known Member
Oct 6, 2004
Visit site
How long for an average lifespan of these exedy semi race clutch. I know driving style an habit is a consideration. Thanks for the quick info guys

WestCoast

Known Member
Mar 26, 2006
hello can ask izit semi racing clutch means exedy single plate racing clutch?

Daniel1688

500 RPM
Jun 23, 2005
PJ/KL
to me race mount doesnt help in fact your dashboard will have more vibration due to no absortion from the mounting.lets put it this way if you wanna go fast then you have to let go the comfort.
exedy 3 puck has semi and full race.the difference is that the semi has a thinking clutch pad.for me when i used to semi racing it lasted about nearly 2 years before i sold it of.daily driving,outstation,track and of cos my favourite dragging!to me its a real bang of bucks in terms of lifespan.

Feb 12, 2007
Hi everyone...
I wanna no how much its cos to buy this semi racing clutch? Between exedy, clutch master and clutch advance, witch one is more better in quality and money of coz? i think wanna buy 1 laa... HehE!

shelby

Known Member
Oct 6, 2004
Visit site
Besides the irritating vibration and chatter.Gearing input is so much more responsive and torquey...:_: .i feel like launching my car everytime at stand still...hehehe.

This upgrade definately not for faint hearted driver. Many will dislike the NVH by upgrading to racing clutch. Do consider.

Last edited:

LuKa

500 RPM
Jul 14, 2005
Kedah
if running in KL at traffic jams.. ull regret doing so.. sometimes.. ur left leg is shaking due to tiresome..

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Being one of the car care enthusiast, i found car detailing brings most enjoyment after the "Hardship, elbow grease effort" to maintain our cars.

Unfortunately, there is no Doctorship, Degree or Diploma courses that we can attend locally besides the adhoc detailer invitation. (correct me if i am wrong, thank you)

As such , i have written some basic information on the steps of car detailing so that we can reference just in case we forgot after aged.

Click link below if...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience