• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

normality78

3,000 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
JB
Visit site
Sifu's / Guru's,
Im looking "upgrade" my ignition frm Distribution type to indv coil type. I'll be using Microtech lt10s wif bosch 4 coil and X4 microtech ignition enhancer/igniter. Did i lack out anything? I heard frm my fren saying i need to change distributor to mitsu type.:hmmmm::hmmmm::hmmmm:

Any sifu can help?

normality78

3,000 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
JB
Visit site
toyota 4afe/7afe engine

---------- Post added at 12:48 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 12:48 PM ----------

its a stock engine frm seg

normality78

3,000 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
JB
Visit site
I've drop Microtech an email and this is what their reply. I dont think they know what im asking

> From: [email protected]
> To: [email protected]
> Subject: FW: Microtech EFI Web Site Inquiry
> Date: Tue, 22 Jun 2010 10:11:12 +1000
>
> Hello,
>
> Just replying to your technical
>
> We have never done a ECU for a corolla 7AFE engine. Need more info on the
> setup
> What is on the DIST, how many teeth and how many wires.
>
> The unit needs to be reconfigured for the new engine.
>
> Kind Regards
> Maria Monardo
> Sales & Office Administrator
>

bnr_32

500 RPM
Apr 15, 2005
JOHOR BAHRU
normality78 : bro.. i suppose that you already know that each microtech ecu is configured specified for an engine rite? i think that is what the microtech tech replied to you.. from their replied email to u what i understood is that they (microtech) have never done a microtech ecu configured for 7afe engine.. that is y they want you to provide them with 7afe distributor setup so that they can configure a microtech ecu to suit your engine trigger setup..

most distributor type engine have trigger type n pattern inside the distributor.. some have slot type laa some teeth type laa.. some have magnetic type sensor n some reluctor type sensor etc.. once u provide them the info they will know either 7afe can share other car setup (some engine share the same trigger setup) or they need to configure a microtech ecu just for 7afe..

after u have a microtech ecu that is configured to your engine trigger setup than u can install and wire it as per what u mention in the 1st place.. u can run the ignition setup as distributor type or waste spark type or individual coil type..

what your friend say in your 1st post is swap your distributor with mitsu CAS rite? yes it can be done but then u need to use microtech ecu that is configured for mitsu engine.. unless both engine use the same trigger setup then it doesn't matter coz both microtech ecu (mitsu & 7afe) will have the same configuration.

Last edited:

normality78

3,000 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
JB
Visit site
Hi BNR bro,
Yup, i was aware that. Oh ok, i think i didnt make myself clear enough to microtech then as Im no familiar with ignition setup stuff.

Actually my fren wanted to sell off his LT10S wif bosch 4 coil and X4 microtech ignition enhancer/igniter. His engine setup close to mine except im still running stock distribution system. I interested in getting his Microtech set but i wanted to know if this is the best way to do it or i can do otherwise?

Simple said, i wanna convert frm distributor to individual coil type. Other then using above setup, is there anyway i can achieve with more cost effectively?

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

14th Tokachi 24 hour races/laces (7/14 15 - 16)<b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b>
The Tokachi international speedway (1 lap 5.091km)synoptic customer mobilization: 37,900

Translated Text

DENSO SARD SUPRA HV-R beautifully decorated the synthesis victory which becomes racing hybrid first with the Tokachi 24 hour races/laces of FIA international status. As for the...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience