French Gp Mangy Cours

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

ARTC5859

Known Member
May 26, 2006
Watching qualifying- 3 Hondas didnt make it thru round 1 and Reubens managed a 14th on the second round. Like I've been saying - Honda engines are crap.

The Ferraris and the Renaults look the team to beat.

Let see how they go on the final 15 mins.

ARTC5859

Known Member
May 26, 2006
Webber got squeezed out by DC at the last min after the 15 mins were out - according to the new rules if you start the lap after the 15 mins are up you can complete it and your time will count.

BTW tomorrow will be a huge Motosport bonanza- IRL Indy 300 at 9 in the morning- French GP at 8 and then Moto GP right after the F1.

ARTC5859

Known Member
May 26, 2006
Italians Ruin Les Bleus Party Again

MAN O MAN was it a hot QF session! Alonso and Michael duke-ing it out in the first 8 laps - actually over taking each other.

Well its another Italian Renaissance and the French has to settle for second best again.

PDR did pretty well- even topping the second half of the last 15 mins for a min or two.

Michael dominated the beginning of the final session and improved on his time at the last attempt. Surprisingly Alonso owned the last 2 sectors with the fastest S2 and S3 and yet Michael is P1. Where did he get the speed from??

Good to see the Toyotas getting into the mix and actually beating the McLarens.

Last edited:

Slipknot Fanatic

Known Member
Jul 3, 2005
HELL
ARTC5859 said:
Michael dominated the beginning of the final session and improved on his time at the last attempt. Surprisingly Alonso owned the last 2 sectors with the fastest S2 and S3 and yet Michael is P1. Where did he get the speed from??
What about Massa? He really did a good job to qualify for second place. Look at his time compared to Michael just 0.017 behind only. Are we going to see another good start from Massa for tomorrows race.

munpeng

500 RPM
Apr 9, 2006
Toyota is surprisingly fast, Raikkonen would be very surprised by them. However, the race pace is the deciding factor in the race, hope Raikkonen would be competitive at least, and I'm glad Montoya is back to Nascar. Another guy going great is Coulthard, he'd old but not slow, if he has a fast car underneath him, he would be really strong actually. I feel sad for Button really, he is talented, but has not had a fast car to match his talent.

ARTC5859

Known Member
May 26, 2006
PDR did pretty well too- he was lapping around the same time as KIMI.
Ferrari had a ton of speed - Michael got away with 3 stops. If Alonso just races massa and scores points-= mclaren will be running a no1 car next year

prodigy

2,000 RPM
Nov 15, 2003
An uneventful race with a predictable result. Fell asleep for a short while half way thru simply because it was getting a bit boring. F1 now lacks the excitement because the drivers are not challenging each other and races are won in the pits more than on the track.

PDLR did ok for a driver who have not raced for about a year. Kimi had a reasonable race and was let down by his slow car. Webber as usual had no luck while the Honda's reliability is a real joke.

munpeng

500 RPM
Apr 9, 2006
I am surprised to see Honda are 4th in the manufacturer's standings, which is higher than Toyota and BMW too.

This race really lacked a certain degree of chaos and moments of madness.

si|verfish

5,000 RPM
Apr 28, 2004
PJ
Hehe, Montoya's gone and Sato went out early, so that's to be expected. Maybe if Honda screwed up their pitstop somemore it would have an element of chaos.

munpeng

500 RPM
Apr 9, 2006
You are making me starting to miss Montoya. Don't do it again, hahaha. Both Montoya and Sato are pain in the ass of Schumi, coz since don't know when Montoya has started to annoy him during most races adi, Montoya always made racing looks like a dog fight, maybe because of his background of NASCAR racing. And Sato is always the sloppy one, if I'm not mistaken, during the Monaco GP last year, Sato bang Schumi from behind, and Schumi nudged his helmet after getting out of his car.

butthead

2,000 RPM
Aug 12, 2004
prodigy said:
An uneventful race with a predictable result. Fell asleep for a short while half way thru simply because it was getting a bit boring. F1 now lacks the excitement because the drivers are not challenging each other and races are won in the pits more than on the track.

PDLR did ok for a driver who have not raced for about a year. Kimi had a reasonable race and was let down by his slow car. Webber as usual had no luck while the Honda's reliability is a real joke.
yeah...frankly, it was a bit boring... nearly feel asleep...

munpeng said:
You are making me starting to miss Montoya. Don't do it again, hahaha. Both Montoya and Sato are pain in the ass of Schumi, coz since don't know when Montoya has started to annoy him during most races adi, Montoya always made racing looks like a dog fight, maybe because of his background of NASCAR racing. And Sato is always the sloppy one, if I'm not mistaken, during the Monaco GP last year, Sato bang Schumi from behind, and Schumi nudged his helmet after getting out of his car.
Montoya came from IRL... Montoya crashed into MSC at Monaco... Sato crashed into MSC at Spa... and MSC gave Sata a tight slap on the helmet...heheheh

actually... the most interesting point of the race was when Alonso surprised me by only stopping 2 times and cheekily got ahead of Massa...and another interesting point was... Renault had the top speed for the circuit while they were down far far and away in the turn 3 apex speed...that was a first...

PDLR was quite interesting also... too bad the director had no interest in his racing.. he was practically serving left and right crawling all over the back of Webber... Webber also had a bad race with his rear right punctured 2 times.. and within several laps...

hope Hockenheim comes sooner... MSC's home race and a track that needs power and handling together...

Slipknot Fanatic

Known Member
Jul 3, 2005
HELL
Munpeng, Montoya never raced in NASCAR. He was racing in C.A.R.T and I.R.L when he was in the U.S. Sato is one guy who likes to piss people off. No doubt he is a good driver but he always like to use other drivers as his personal barrier.

Yesterday after the race, the I.T.V coverage commented about some of the teams not being happy with Bridgestone as the sole tyre supplier for next season. I think Honda should concentrate on building a new car for next season. As for the Williams their poor results is because of the reliability of the Cosworth V8 engines not their drivers. Ferrari right now is probably building a new car for next season.

munpeng

500 RPM
Apr 9, 2006
Ok, thanks for the correction.

The commentators also said earlier in the year that actually Cosworth engines are quick, which I don't quite agree, but reliability is the issue. There are a bunch of great drivers who don't have the package, notably Button, Webber, and maybe Heidfeld. And, there are drivers who have the package, but couldn't do a better job, who I think is Fisi, he made alot of obvious mistakes, and the jump start was obviously caught on TV. Montoya was making embarrasing mistakes last year too, the obvious one was him being black-flaged.

acwa238

Known Member
Jul 9, 2006
Cosworth engines were tipped to be very fast beginning of the season due to their history in building V8s. The reliability issue is probably caused by the lack of testing. Their engine development curve is not as steep as the other big teams like the manufacturer. All down to 1 factor, the financial backing. Which was expected all along, guess that was as far as a Cosworth could go this season.

Interesting note:
* Few current F1 drivers thought Cosworth stands for Cos it's Worth it... lolz...
* Nico Rosberg sets the fastest lap during the 1st race this season at Bahrain.

Slipknot Fanatic

Known Member
Jul 3, 2005
HELL
Williams is the only team using the Cosworth V8 engines. Lets not forget they lost a lot of sponsors and partners when BMW stopped being their engine supplier. Now, most of Williams sponsors and partners are with the BMW Sauber Petronas team.