Flash 13 Message

basahboy

Known Member
Guys...my engine check light came up for Flash 13 which after checking is a faulty barometer... now, what does a faulty barometer effects? Air flow? Sensors for the combustion? Rgds Ross

hattech-v said:
wth barometer is?

Was in arts stream in high school so I could barely remember .... if I'm not mistaken a barometer is used to gauge air pressure ...... correct me if I'm wrong...... Ir. Avantasia and Ir. Cimpeng should be able to answer this.

basah, then the faulty cause any effect on ur car or not?
is it the problem related to the loss compression?

hattech-v said:
basah, then the faulty cause any effect on ur car or not?
is it the problem related to the loss compression?
yup..there was a problem with the air flow of the car..i notice it will just die down occasionally most of the time at low rev or while idling...sometimes, a low rev, it will sputter at pedal to the metal...but high rev i.e. >4k no problem...sometimes, erratic idling...thats when the check light comes out...

a quote taken from honda-tech.com about baro sensor and it does ..

The purpose of a Baro sensor is to determine air pressure is when at different elevation(s). Its a way to more percisely control your Injectors.
Map sensors do provide good info for elevation, but to be more accurate, a Baro sensor can be also added for additional accuracy of incoming air density.
This additional accuracy, also makes for a more accurate pulse injection at the injectors, improving performance, and of course, emissions.
The goal is to keep an engine running as close to optimum, which is 14.7 to 1. (14.7 parts air to 1 part fuel).
Its an important sensor, particularly when you are moving from say, sea level on up to 10000 feet.
I like to think of it is alot like when your ears fill and pop at different altitudes.
Basically, the system never lets that happen, and makes sure all incoming air mass and pressure is watched more accurately to prevent any "hiccups" that result in lean or overly rich mixtures.

Climbing hills often results in hard acceleration (very rich), and coasting down hill, the opposite, but the pressure varies on the way up, and down.
Its just a way for the system to "more quickly" alter fuel mixtures to rising and dropping fuel requirements based on elevation changes.
Even slight ones.
It uses a pressure "membrane" in most of them, that is a type of electrical rheostat. (a rheostat is a variable resistance reader like your dash light dimmer that allows you to raise and lower the brightness of your dash).

At certain elevation points, the electrical resistance changes to these rising and lowering pressures, and makes adjustments based on those inputs at the ECM.

If your Baro sensor goes out of "range" that means that the sensor is giving a faulty or intermittent signal to the ECM.
The ECM has to "guess" what the sensor (would give) by using a predetermined set of programmed parameters, Air pressure, just using the Map sensor as a reference point.
Its not entirely accurate, but it works better than nothing at all.

in other word, yur sensor might already konked ..

huaaaaaaaaaaaa...i terror maaaaaa....still know what a barometer is hahahahahahahahaahh............

Top Bottom