Finding Economical Cars~

bowie

Jun 1, 2009
HI GUYS,
Currently I'm looking for the most economical vehicle to move around town.
Well, my requirements are simple.
First and the most important point, has got to be fuel savvy.
The car has got to be automatic transmission and can fit 4 adults comfortably.
Cost no more than RM50,000 for a brand new car and RM30,000 for a used and less than 2 years old car.
No need for large luggage compartment. Just enough to bring stuff back from shopping
Power wise, just moderate.
I hope you guys could reply me in this form.

Car make/model :-
Engine Capacity :-
Fuel Consumption :- (please state in RMxx/XXXkm term)
Type of driving :- Slow/Normal/Fast/Madcow

Please be reminded that the car has got to be automatic transmission.
Don't need information on manual ones cos definitely won't be getting it.

Cars that came accross my mind are Myvi, Viva, Savvy ,Saga ,Proton Persona, Naza Sutera and Kelisa.
Please do list down other makes if there are any.

Thanks in advance guys

bowie

Jun 1, 2009
Re: Findding Economical Cars~

no1 can help me on this?

EvolutionZ

5,000 RPM
Helmet Clan
Aug 3, 2007
myvi 1.3auto premium selling rm38800.00
suits all type of driving
best selling model and fuel consumption i am not sure....
interested, plz pm me
tq

bowie

Jun 1, 2009
thanks evo but i nid more detail on these few car...about fuel consumption and few question that i ask as above.thanks

Bump: oh yeah i forgot to ask...u move me to the market categories,is it i post in the wrong section in the 1st place,or u misunderstand my post :)?i not buying yet,just asking about these few cars opinion,from zth member that had use b4,about hows the fuel consumption and which car is better....im not looking for any car yet...

Last edited:

EvolutionZ

5,000 RPM
Helmet Clan
Aug 3, 2007
i have kelisa auto, kembara auto dvvt, myvi auto premium, wira auto, gen2 auto, kelisa limited edition manual
list down ah...maybe if u r free this weekend, come meet me at my yard and u can see those cars. feel free to call me at 012-2977012.....

bowie

Jun 1, 2009
i hope the reply is like
Car make/model :-
Engine Capacity :-
Fuel Consumption :- (please state in RMxx/XXXkm term)
Type of driving :- Slow/Normal/Fast/Madcow

Please be reminded that the car has got to be automatic transmission.
Don't need information on manual ones cos definitely won't be getting it.
thanks thanks it will help me alot :love:

EvolutionZ

5,000 RPM
Helmet Clan
Aug 3, 2007
Car make/model :Perodua 1.3auto Premium or Kelisa 1.0 auto
Engine Capacity :1.3cc / 1.0cc
Fuel Consumption :- cant be specific....
Type of driving :- Slow&Normal&Fast

bowie

Jun 1, 2009
hehe sorry leh...i dint know much on cars thats why i wanna know those who used Myvi, Viva, Savvy ,Saga ,Proton Persona, Naza Sutera and Kelisa,how is their car fuel consumption...let me know then i can compare =):love:

eyong

4,000 RPM
Feb 20, 2006
Best car I have driven with BEST fuel efficiency, power (really good power), semi-auto gearbox, seats 4 and sharp looking ...

Smart for 4 ... You are looking at around 10 sen per km. Get's even better when you are cruising. And seriously, unbelievable power and handling too. I know, coz I have taken one up cameron highland with an adult male, and 2 female as passenger.

Then only thing is price ... They are running around 40k for 2004/5 model if not mistaken.

bowie

Jun 1, 2009
wow eyong thats great,and i know that smart car is fuel saving car...but for new car is over my budget...my budget only below RM50k...and for use car is 30k i think....dunno can get a used smart car at 30k below? thanks for the info also:love:

NRC

Known Member
Aug 31, 2007
I had the same dilemma as you and I choose P. Myvi (1.3 Auto 2009 model) because: it's the best overall car in terms of space + quality + comfort + fuel consumption + etc for a new car below RM 50 K. It may not be as fuel saving as Viva but it compensates back by giving AMPLE of space + MORE comfort + SWEET quality (I do mean more solid quality) - the traits I need for my daily use. Mine came with 6 years warranty and a full tank gives me (on average) 370 to 410 km (about 32 to 36 litres of fuel) - I drive my car in an average manner in K.L. with jams everyday. :proud: Just My 2 cents. Best New Car Below RM 50 K for daily driving in Malaysia car market. (test drive would be better for you ... I've tested Viva, Gen 2, Accent, Wira, Waja, to Saga and I prefer Myvi ... so yeah individual preference adds a point too ... not every Malaysian likes Durian ... so not everyone likes Myvi =P). :driver:

bowie

Jun 1, 2009
Thanks NRC thats some great info u gave me :love:

Bump: on myvi there are so many model such as Myvi 1.0L SR » Myvi 1.3L SX » Myvi 1.3L EZ » Myvi 1.3L SXi » Myvi 1.3L EZi » Myvi SE GHS » Myvi SE ZHS » which 1 is premium?and so many 1.3~which is the best if i wanna get a myvi....only 1 model alr so many choice....headache lo...><:stupid:

Last edited:

EvolutionZ

5,000 RPM
Helmet Clan
Aug 3, 2007
Thanks NRC thats some great info u gave me :love:

Bump: on myvi there are so many model such as Myvi 1.0L SR » Myvi 1.3L SX » Myvi 1.3L EZ » Myvi 1.3L SXi » Myvi 1.3L EZi » Myvi SE GHS » Myvi SE ZHS » which 1 is premium?and so many 1.3~which is the best if i wanna get a myvi....only 1 model alr so many choice....headache lo...><:stupid:
hahahaaa.a.....actually all the 1.3 are of same engine and performance. the difference is accesories and safety features...
myvi 1.3 EZi premium model comes with ABS and dual airbag. i happen to have one unit, price can nego and if u interest...pm or call me....

http://www.zerotohundred.com/newfor...-perodua-myvi-1-3auto-premium-dec-2006-a.html

no obligation....juz consider ya....cheerz:):burnout:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

i own a honda prelude 2nd generation and now in the process of swapping engine to B16B. I was told by the mechanic that the clutch pump type gearbox cannot be install in my car. the mechanic told me that there is no way to modify it. can anyone here please help me to understand if what the mechanic told me is true? because for what i know even Honda EF can be install with a LSD clutch pump gearbox.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience