Final Advices Upon Buying a Used Airtrek Turbo

aleemy

Oct 16, 2014
Selayang
Hello there ATR owners. I've been eyeing for this car for a while. Can any old timers here give me a few words upon checking a used ATR Turbo in the market before I own it.

What do I need to check? Why should I avoid this car if there are certain engine problems? What are the problems?

I really need your guys' opinions and tips on this, Much Appreciated

Thank You

mdss

Known Member
Feb 15, 2015
uk
I have had one for a year now and have owned an evo for 10 years. The engine is pretty much one of the best engines you will ever come across in terms of reliability and durability being an evo engine.

The airtrek for me is a brilliant car for every day and even the auto box for a car that was developed nearly 15 years ago is excellent.

If you maintain these cars well treating them to regular oil changes/cambelts/tensioners and a gear oil change they are a brilliant work horse whilst still being a fun car to drive on a regular basis.

Mine is a near standard car running a little more boost and its been fantastic in every way, I bought the car to replace my audi rs4(b5) and whilst its not as quick as the rs4(380hp) its certainly more comfortable and practical not to mention much much cheaper.
Try and buy a car with good service history that shows the car has been well maintained.
I cant think of a single car that I would want to replace it with for the job it does and that includes a forester sti which I thought about getting

You will be happy you bought one.

aleemy

Oct 16, 2014
Selayang
Wow, such an encouragement haha. Anyways do you do any major modifications to your ATR ?

mdss

Known Member
Feb 15, 2015
uk
No modification other than I raised the boost to around 0.9 bar and it made a massive difference. The car is now as quick as I need for everyday and here in the UK there are less than 30 airtrek turbos so its a rare car and one which I enjoy owning.

Good luck getting one from what I have read there are a good number of airtrek turbo's in Malaysia

aleemy

Oct 16, 2014
Selayang
No modification other than I raised the boost to around 0.9 bar and it made a massive difference. The car is now as quick as I need for everyday and here in the UK there are less than 30 airtrek turbos so its a rare car and one which I enjoy owning.

Good luck getting one from what I have read there are a good number of airtrek turbo's in Malaysia

That's good to hear and an awesome scene you have there in the UK being one of the owner for this fat turbo ATR.

Will need some local Malaysians advice t0o before I proceed with my depo .

Anyways, thank you again for your tips,appreciate it

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Can see that based on the less active group members replying here :(

Anyways, anyone wanna sell their ATR? haha
No leh! many owners also not in the forum and moreover many are forming own club, own website and even many in facebook, so forum getting less popular....:smokin:

mdss

Known Member
Feb 15, 2015
uk
which other forum is there for airtrek turbos VR2? this is the only one I know about in the world. In the UK there is no forum as there are supposed to be less than 30 airtrek turbos here

any other forums you know of and use yourself .... please let me know.

4gbanger

1,500 RPM
Jun 26, 2013
Johor/ShahAlam
there are airtrek club in facebook(malaysia airtrek club). feel free to check it out.. i've been in the airtrek scene since the airtreker.com forum before it shuts down. then i met zerotohundred forum. now im joining Airtrek Revolution club and most of them are old timer from Airtreker (alot of them have grey hair.. LOL)

So there are some guys from my club who wants to sell their car.. pls pm me at whatsapp aleemy for details. i have plenty of spec to suit your budget and specs. 0166457612 - boy

aleemy

Oct 16, 2014
Selayang
there are airtrek club in facebook(malaysia airtrek club). feel free to check it out.. i've been in the airtrek scene since the airtreker.com forum before it shuts down. then i met zerotohundred forum. now im joining Airtrek Revolution club and most of them are old timer from Airtreker (alot of them have grey hair.. LOL)

So there are some guys from my club who wants to sell their car.. pls pm me at whatsapp aleemy for details. i have plenty of spec to suit your budget and specs. 0166457612 - boy
I whatsapp you already :biggrin:

Ss_Tuner

Oct 20, 2015
Kuala Lumpur
www.facebook.com
Test drive the car,at least boost 0.9 to 1.1 bar.Get ATR with supporting mode like fuel pump(255) and boost controller/meter.
TD04 or TD05 doesn't matter,can upgrade later.
Watch out for missfire at high rpm and gearbox jerking (sign of gearbox wear). Can be trouble shoot but not easy.
If your ATR feel sluggish don't worry,ATR can be tune using stock ecu(Ecuflash)
Based on my experience tuning ATR.hihi:driver:

stutzedward

3,000 RPM
May 27, 2009
KL
Airtrek.... I've been using it for 7 years now. It's indeed a robust car. Had it repaired lately due to some aging parts but the 4G63T is bullet proof rock solid. Still love my Atr after so long..

Not many comes here... it's getting quieter and in fact, the modification world is slowing down too. Probably the living cost is increasing steeply here, so not many want to spend unncessary money on this...

aleemy

Oct 16, 2014
Selayang
Test drive the car,at least boost 0.9 to 1.1 bar.Get ATR with supporting mode like fuel pump(255) and boost controller/meter.
TD04 or TD05 doesn't matter,can upgrade later.
Watch out for missfire at high rpm and gearbox jerking (sign of gearbox wear). Can be trouble shoot but not easy.
If your ATR feel sluggish don't worry,ATR can be tune using stock ecu(Ecuflash)
Based on my experience tuning ATR.hihi:driver:
useful tips bro, and can ATR be fitted with TD06?

---------- Post added at 05:20 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 05:19 PM ----------

Airtrek.... I've been using it for 7 years now. It's indeed a robust car. Had it repaired lately due to some aging parts but the 4G63T is bullet proof rock solid. Still love my Atr after so long..

Not many comes here... it's getting quieter and in fact, the modification world is slowing down too. Probably the living cost is increasing steeply here, so not many want to spend unncessary money on this...
Thats great bro, have any contacts who wanna let go their ATR ?:driver::driver:

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya

Yup, I used to be in VRC club too for VR4, but many have sold off their cars, some switch to RVR etc., some got married, some got family and so on. Club website also shut down already. Heard some form and join in fb club etc.

---------- Post added at 11:55 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 11:53 AM ----------

I have been with my VR for 15 years dy. Lucky parts still can get since 4G63T are a plenty.....:driver: