FC increase kowkow after resetting ECU.

katopunk

Known Member
May 18, 2006
Last week i change to a new battery, it seems like my FC increase tremendously. RM80 only can go up to 320km. Something wrong?

Adeen

2,000 RPM
Apr 28, 2006
kl
hurmm....this is normal since the ecu is gonna need a little bit of time to retune itself....after finish retuning, the FC will become more better...

t-la

1,000 RPM
May 10, 2005
secret place
Last week i change to a new battery, it seems like my FC increase tremendously. RM80 only can go up to 320km. Something wrong?

rm 80= 320km dam kaw kaw man...pedal to metal all the way ka..?

pcmoddingmy

1,000 RPM
Mar 23, 2006
www.pcmoddingmy.com
Actually its quite normal behaviour after resetting the ECU. I read somewhere that it would take up to 1 week for the ECU to learn the A/F ratio to properly tune it. This is when normal driving of coz... if track use (high revving), it should only take about 30mins to heatup the O2 sensor to properly work with the ECU. Maybe you should drive it hard for 30mins and see if it improves your FC after the next fill up. Also, you have SAFC installed right? Has it been tuned yet?

katopunk

Known Member
May 18, 2006
SAFC installed. Tune also it's not like tuned. I lean as much as -10, -8 and etc at low throttle also the fc same. It won't safe fuel.

katopunk

Known Member
May 18, 2006
may be u need to bring ur car to the professional tunner....
i wouldn't say so. yes, it can increase the pauwahh but it cannot decrease the fc. it's about open-loop and closed-loop. when open-loop, the safc feeds in the fake signal but when closed-loop, the ecu follow it's own mapping. I've talked about it b4 in a thread. i don't remember which one.

7Heaven

7,000 RPM
May 30, 2005
Ipoh/Kelantan
yea our 20V ecu got "SLS" aka (self learning system) hehehe....
but my fren also using that SAFC, and that management do decreased his car's fc and increased his engine power wo....

katopunk

Known Member
May 18, 2006
yea our 20V ecu got "SLS" aka (self learning system) hehehe....
but my fren also using that SAFC, and that management do decreased his car's fc and increased his engine power wo....
last time, i've talked to sifu cuscostrutbrace also, when he's using SAFC, he is experiencing this symptom also. and also a few forummers from other oversea forums was arguing about this thing also. whether SAFC works on 20v or not.hmmm... maybe your friend got lucky. =) :biggrin:

7Heaven

7,000 RPM
May 30, 2005
Ipoh/Kelantan
he also faced the problem like u said, just he set the management for every month....
and same case for E-manage, many ppl use to say it wont works on 20V, but since i use till now oledi 2 years, but never face any problem, setting also no "run"

pcmoddingmy

1,000 RPM
Mar 23, 2006
www.pcmoddingmy.com
Ya... E-manage should work on BT... I might be getting one too =)

sylkhannaz

Known Member
Aug 15, 2005
Selangor
holy. 320km?

I've reset my ECU twice this 2 weeks due to some test run. The FC remains almost just the same. I dont have internal/cam mods nor i have such piggyback.

-The SAFC tell lies to the learning ECU. The SAFC should have independent memory and does not reset. When it was tuned, it is based on the reading to the graduated ECU. Now, the ECU is an undergrad who is learning to read/manage based on lies told by the SAFC. Hence, making the ECU failed to answer the question papers handed by the faculty of Engine Management?

Can this be a factor?

4LE

Known Member
Dec 23, 2005
katopunk
Oh,frenz. ur car izzit 20v svt ? laz 2 month i change my battery, after same case like u, rpm rev kowkow higher !! also is $80 - 320km, but my car is ae82 svt(A). and need to ask wat is SAFC ? i need more learning fr tis part . Hope sifu-sifu here can "kautim" tis FC problem.

pcmoddingmy

1,000 RPM
Mar 23, 2006
www.pcmoddingmy.com
katopunk
Oh,frenz. ur car izzit 20v svt ? laz 2 month i change my battery, after same case like u, rpm rev kowkow higher !! also is $80 - 320km, but my car is ae82 svt(A). and need to ask wat is SAFC ? i need more learning fr tis part . Hope sifu-sifu here can "kautim" tis FC problem.
Bro, his car is 20V BT 6spd with mods :adore:
320km (high rev) for RM80 is consider good already. Mine can do 340km for RM60, but highway driving lah.
Btw, try Google-ing for Apexi SAFC. Its a device to control aif/fuel mixture.

4LE

Known Member
Dec 23, 2005
Bro Pcm
My car rpm rev kaokao is automatic 1, start d engine without open a/corn, rpm is 1.5-2k. open a/corn normal, 0.8-1k rpm . tis case is after change my battery. but d FC higher is long time oledy. $80-320km witout any fast driving or rev d engine, is 4 normal driving. Izzit ok ?? need some u all opinion ..thx

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Many tongues were wagging when Mercedes-Benz announced plans to build a GT3 racer version of their SLS AMG supercar. Not only will it be a sight to behold on the European GT3 series, something like this will lend a whole lot of class to the GT3 paddock.

The SLS AMG GT3 was recently let loose at the EuroSpeedway Lausitz in Germany with a full...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience