Evo7-8 cams install into Sohc 4G63

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search
i doubt it bro...
DOHC has 2 cams (1 intake cam, 1 exhaust cam)
SOHC has that 1 cam to do both intake and exhaust...

full potential? as what white_bird said..
maybe if u have money...bore and stroke. 272degree cam.

u have this engine in a galant or u ahve put it in a proton??..

i think just keep ur engine healthy, and get a good airfilter...not much can be done to a SOHC 4g63 2.0...
i hve one..in a galant..planning to change to turbo in the far future..ahha..

if u have money change to DOHC....jsut have to change a few things...some sifu out there probably can give u the full details that u need to change from Sohc to Dohc without changing the engine

In piston engine engineering, a balance shaft is an eccentric weighted shaft which offsets the vibrations of unbalanced engines.

The Balance Shafts

The balance shafts are on either side of the crank on the same plane. They rotate in opposite directions at twice the speed of the crank. There are weights on these shafts. When both weights are pointing upwards it exerts an upward force, and the opposit when downwards, when the weights point away from each other or towards each other, they cancel each other out. This allows it to cancel each of the four up and down shaking forces that act on the engine during one rotation of the crank.

Balance%20Shaft%20-%20Small.jpg

adv_en10.jpg

4G63 SOHC? as in perdana?

yeah.. it got power but reasonable only. pickp-up not so good.

why mod for few extra horsepower when u can gain about 50% more?

swapped the SOHC for DOHC.

of better still, convert to 4G63T. this is the best advise you can get - if money not a subject laa..

NA airtrek is already using DOHC rite? forgive me if wrong but mitsubishi dealers claimed its a detuned spec of the Evo.

i do not think there wud be much problem retaining ur tiptronic gearbox as the 'kaki' wud still be the same as before.

gud luck anyway..:D

NA Airtrek is using 2000cc 4G63 SOHC 16V engine. U can do a direct swap with EVO6 n still retain the gearbox. But beware, since the new engine is turbo-charged, the stock 4WD gearbox won't last long for those boosting sessions.

A thread every 60 seconds

Search

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience
Top Bottom