Evo2/3 into Putra?

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

Pot78

Known Member
Apr 25, 2005
Perak
All sifu there good evening. :) May i know that evo2/3 put inside putra is there any engine mouting need to modify o just plug and play??any wira, gti or putra e2/3 owner can share. How about the market price for the half cut? If anyone know some where else near ipoh there pls giv some info pls. And nows a day what i need to do to register 'my newly' 4G63? any guides and information pls. Thank you.

And lastly do all ZTH sifu out there recomend me a 1.8 gsr convertion o e2/3? just confuse that my coursin who also done 1.8 gsr convertion 'warn' me that if i do the 1.8 gsr convertion i will regret later. dunno how pls help. Many THX!

Last edited:

jinkl-

500 RPM
Mar 3, 2005
Klang
sdfsdf

hehe here it goes gsr : its 1.8 but yet powerfull , in this forum itself u may find a few monster tht can beat an evo , but modding a 1.8 would be costly. 1.8 gsr is powerfull but still u r already on a putra , its not gonna be a super kicking machine if u keep it stock for u , summore u 1.8 , upgrade to 1.8t , y waste the opurtunity for a bigger displacement and bigger turbo ? :D

evo: bigger turbo , higher displacement , td05 16 big for e3,
stock is kicking :P

but as usual la
more fuel , more power
no replacement for displacement.
if u r gonna mod the evo , then evo2 is lower compression and better for boosting up compared to evo3 , evo3 lightened internals and high compression.
of cos gsr consumption is much better than evo ,
and of cos u r into modding , then i dont tink u gonna stop at a stock evo :P

crocky

Known Member
Mar 12, 2005
JB
Pot78 said:
All sifu there good evening. :) May i know that evo2/3 put inside putra is there any engine mouting need to modify o just plug and play??
[Plug n play only]

any wira, gti or putra e2/3 owner can share.
[sgti with evo ere]

How about the market price for the half cut?
[EVO2 ~ RM7K, EVO3~ RM9K mebbe]

If anyone know some where else near ipoh there pls giv some info pls.
[no idea]

And nows a day what i need to do to register 'my newly' 4G63? any guides and information pls. Thank you.
[1.8->2.0 no problem, after installation, go to puspakom pay RM40 (make sure brake makan), then endorse at JPJ, renew insurance n pay roadtax]

And lastly do all ZTH sifu out there recomend me a 1.8 gsr convertion o e2/3?
[grab evo]

just confuse that my coursin who also done 1.8 gsr convertion 'warn' me that if i do the 1.8 gsr convertion i will regret later. dunno how pls help. Many THX!
[it's your money, your choice]

[GOOD LUCK]

jinkl-

500 RPM
Mar 3, 2005
Klang
e2 halfcut last i heard 7k
e3 is 8k
with lsd maybe 400-500 more ..
dont buy accident halfcut
some people say buy accident halfcut cos the engine condition would be good and shit crap .. but wht i got for accident halfcut was shit .. so pls do bring ur mechanic when choosing ur halfcut

Pot78

Known Member
Apr 25, 2005
Perak
jinkl,
Dun laugh at me since i still dun hav the opinion to modify, only exhaust,filter and ecu r accept :D. Since i wan to supercharge my NA 4G93, my dad straight away ask my buy a halfcut and say less hassel. (not sure)

crocky,
SIfu, may i know that gearbox mouting need to modify? My meaning of plug&play is that taken out engine gearbox from halfcut and 'simply' install in my putra chasis. I read some forum stated that the gearbox there need some small modify. U using evo brake also? pcd how still 100 or 114.3? after the convertion, when i doing wheel alignment, need to ask the shop to use evo2/3 or just original putra config?

May i know all 2 sifu half cut package item? such as rear disc brake...etc. and tips and tricks to choose evo half cut? I very worry since my mechanics say he dunno how to lock the 4wd into 2 wd. Thank You.

Does evo dashboard fit inside putra with the door panel? aircond use evo/ putra? How to lock 4wd into 2 wd? welding until 'dead' the shaft connect to rear?

Last edited:

blue_hippo

500 RPM
Jun 16, 2004
if u want to change engine ,can let me know,i ask my bro ,his working at cheras at taman len sen....

jinkl-

500 RPM
Mar 3, 2005
Klang
aiya bro , why i must laugh la
but i tink putting a supercharger got more headache than transplant hehe

Pot78

Known Member
Apr 25, 2005
Perak
bro pls dun laugh lar this my tricks to make my dad left only 1 option to let me do engine convertion. whahahahaha. I stay in perak wor sorry ya. I think i ask my coursin to show me where he do his 4G93 convertion. Thx all sifu. Lastly how come my question like siao siao ah? no sifu wanna giv some info about it. I first time do engine convertion. sob sob

Virgin Putra.
:D

mojotudam

Known Member
Mar 3, 2004
Visit site
just wanna confirm with u guys about the latest jpj regulations. izzit true that even 1.8 proton cars (satria gti, putra, wira le) now kenot convert to 2 litre engine? (evo,vr4)

Last edited:

Pot78

Known Member
Apr 25, 2005
Perak
Just update my putra already convert to EVO2 inspection done in puspakom Taiping without any hassel RM40, around middle JUN 2005, July go change engine number opn card no problem also. Hopes help.

aku_sangap

1,000 RPM
Jan 14, 2004
Tengah Laut
Visit site
nice one dude...just wondering, how's the performance?..any mods done..or it's still "virgin"...eheheehe...btw, happy modding..

DJ-LanEvo3

500 RPM
May 2, 2005
oh..... U got 1.8 engine... and getting GSR...

GSR is good and powerful engine.. but U r the chosen

one can go for 2.0 liter engine.... just envy ya.. :smile:

Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience