EVO GTA RPM Drop

Jun 24, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Hi Guys,
I'm new in this forum and perhaps sifu sifu here can give me some advise on my issue. I owned an evo 7.5 gta and lately getting a very strange problem which is the RPM drop tremendously to 500 and bounce back when i'm pushed and released the gas while i'm driving. The event only happend when i push released the gas at 2500-2800 rpm especially when stopping and moving between speed bump and up hill. The issue happened right after replace the faulty OS2 sensor. No faulty code, no error was detected by using the Autoland Scan device. Tried turn off BOV, replaced throttle body, MAF sensor and even install the HKS EiDS (Electronic Idle Stabilizer) is doesn't help at all result the same. Any idea? What the possible cause of this issue?

Spec as the following:
Stock ECU
Evo8 downpipe
HKS Fliter
HKS BOV
Greddy Boost Controller
Apexi Timer and Boost Meeter
Pivot Speed Limiter
RallyArt Exhaust

egiewan

500 RPM
Jul 31, 2005
Kuala Lumpur
Happened to me before bro....go to your workshop, check if there is any vacuum hoses loose or not connected properly to the intake manifold area. When I got my GTA, I was having the same problem till recently when I top overhauled my car...my mech told me there is one unused vacuum slot not connected to anything. It should be closed but I think the previous owner left it out. Once the hole was covered, the problem was gone! Anything, update me here k? :-)

egiewan

500 RPM
Jul 31, 2005
Kuala Lumpur
No problem bro....make sure you check throughly. There are some hidden vacuum slots under the intake if I'm not mistaken. If your regular mech cant solve it, maybe you can pay a visit to mine in Setapak, KL.

NiteWalker

Jun 24, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Bro, can you send me your workshop address or contact nos in case my mech can't handle it i can arrange to drop by your buddy shop immediately. Can't stand with the dropping anymore very annoying need to get rid of it. Or you can text me the info @ 0193255958.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi All.This is a good new for everyone to upgrade the 93,67 and 63 turbo engine with 3rd GearPerformance pakage.Good for daily driving with 350hp-400hp.This is what we do

1.Microtech LT10s,X4,Harnes including Installation and Tuning Dyno
2.Head gasket 1.8mm
3.Head Polish,Grandvalve and Cleaning
4.Wiseco Pistons
5.Eagle Rods
6.New Engine Gasket
7.New O ring
8.New Oil Seal
9.New Timing Belt n Bearing
10.New Engine Belt
11.New ACL engine n Rod Bearing
12.New Water Pump
13.GT30/35...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience