Engine died while driving

simplythebest

1,500 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
Selangor
Dear sifus,

I have got a big problem here. Today itself while I'm cruising along LDP .. the engine died itself when I'm trying to make a U-turn at damansara jaya. I got shock WTF?! why is my steering wheel so hard to turn .. then only I realize my engine already turned off. :blink: .. Behind me a red satria nearly kiss my butt but lucky he didn't, i quickly start the engine and gave a friendly wave and sped off. Then on LDP driving just pass Kelana Jaya flyover (Western Digital) engine died again .. lucky at that time the car behind me pretty far away so I quickly turn off my air-cond and restart immediately shift to 3rd gear and Vrooom. And, not long ago, i go long kai nearby my area here .. just about reaching home the engine died again. :blink: Total engine died today 3 times. :(

The engine died itself usually happens when after I tarik high rev, and then stop at traffic light I turn on the air-cond the engine died. So, i know from there if I tarik high rev I should not turn on the air-cond after that. But just now I long kai nearby my area I didn't even tarik I change gear every 2500 RPM. In LDP I tarik higher about 4000 RPM. I did not turn on my air-cond, the engine also mati .. I think is getting serious. :ph34r: :blink:

What I did today, i just changed a 1.5 auto meter panel .. I'm just wondering if the meter panel did not fix properly got anything to do with the engine ah? The meter panel is well fit no problem at all all needles functioning properly, same goes to all bulbs.

What should I do now? I dare not face again when the engine suddenly died in the middle of highway.

fai

500 RPM
May 24, 2004
KL
Visit site
Last time happened to me. But my case, happened when I free gear & deaccelerate at the traffic light. Then 1 day I reset my ecu then the problem gone. I also duuno why. Maybe u try to reset your ecu. Cheers..

khtong

Mar 23, 2004
Kuala Lumpur
Visit site
me happen b4 oso...

when downhill at MRR2, nearby Makro Cheras heading Bandar Tasik Selatan....

ask oledi some other forummer wat happen, they said maybe ur TB dirty woh...

when u deaccelerate, the butterfly will close slowly as well with the rpm...so when ur TB is dirty, the airflow will less than normal & lead to engine no air to breath & die off...

here 1 testing u can test...(dunno true o not?) start ur engine, let it idling, then rev more then 2krpm & then quickly deaccelerate, see ur rpm whether drop less than normal idle rpm or not...

e.g: wira 1.5, normal idle rpm is around 750-850rpm.When i rev up to 2krpm & deaccelerate, it'll drop below 500rpm only & start choaking (like engine goin 2 die off)...

just me 2 cents only..

simplythebest

1,500 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
Selangor
I'm not sure what is wrong, but I could feel my idling very the LOW liao. After fixing the 1.5 auto meter panel. I change gear every 2500 RPM also mati engine terus :blink: .. just now I go subang and come back already mati engine 6 times on highway/road. :( .. maybe the meter panel tarak ngam? I tried before fixing 1.6 manual panel ok no problem.

khtong: how muchie to clean the TB? and whats butterfly? :unsure:
why throttle body can get dirty? is it because we tarik at high RPM too often? :unsure:

Can it also be my battery? <--- :unsure: :unsure:

simplythebest

1,500 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
Selangor
And when I'm driving I can keep hearing the 'tik' sound is like mati engine with air-cond still on but is not. Weird .. the 'tik' sound comes every 1 minute.

keretaburuk

Known Member
Jun 21, 2004
simpythebest, long time no see since last TT at bukit oug, remember me? black satria with my 4g92 orange frenz? hehehe...so havin prob with your car? already tune your ECU? probably resetting the ecu is the best way since your car is using new ECU, all flow is tuning with the ECU. I have problem with my car regarding timing, when using air cond, and stop at traffic light, the rpm going crazy, goes to 1000 and going down to 400 rpm, almost die summore, tune at Bukit Keramat, pay RM35 for tuning the ECU, and now ok. Summore fuel consumption ok lil bit.

simplythebest

1,500 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
Selangor
Keretaburuk,

Of course I remember you Hehehe :rolleyes: .. you the Black satria monster B) , yea hows your friend the orange satria? when free we come out for a drink ok, ask that orange satria monster along too ok. ;)

keretaburuk

Known Member
Jun 21, 2004
not monster maa....but already mod a lil bit, heheheh..okey, we can go out drink sumtime, will invite my fella too.Nway, always TT wif fellow ZTH? i'm bz summore dun't have money too hangout.hahaha..well, i'm not sure about tune your ECU it will okey back again, but you have to check with the mechanic. anyway, i'm going to send my car to my own mechanic tomorrow, want to follow?

gibod_78

1,500 RPM
Jan 15, 2004
Visit site
hmm.. i think its throttle body oso..

happens to me but different situation... in high altitude area... such as genting.. fraser hil.. cameron...

anyone know why...? :blink: .. at these places.. my idling tends to be lower than usual.. like normal 800rpm.. here 650rpm...

anyone can explain?

simplythebest

1,500 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
Selangor
Originally posted by keretaburuk@Oct 5 2004, 19:24
not monster maa....but already mod a lil bit, heheheh..okey, we can go out drink sumtime, will invite my fella too.Nway, always TT wif fellow ZTH? i'm bz summore dun't have money too hangout.hahaha..well, i'm not sure about tune your ECU it will okey back again, but you have to check with the mechanic. anyway, i'm going to send my car to my own mechanic tomorrow, want to follow?
Dude, sorry for the late reply .. I already spent 2 hours + in my car (free sauna) changing the meter panel back to my 1300cc one. Now got problem after all done .. I adjust adjust to make sure all handbrake signal, battery signal and others .. all 5 signal already there .. double signal, air-cond all working .. but when I turn on my front headlights got .. but the meter panel no light. :( .. now dunno what da heck is wrong :(

Tomolo what time? I'm free. :rolleyes: PM me your mobile no. ok :D .. I will call you tomolo

simplythebest

1,500 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
Selangor
Yo ppl, after 3 hours I managed to fix it :rolleyes: , and I went for test drive just now .. gosh, the before and after really can feel lots lots of difference. The problem is the '1.5 Auto Meter Panel'. I fix the 1.5 auto manual meter panel I loss power and pickup <_< :( . Now can tarik high RPM liao. :P .. Just now test drive I go tarik damn syiok. :P ^_^

And, before and after I start the engine also can hear the difference. When I accelerate there is also difference. Much smoother.

Problem I encounter earlier yesterday and today. Total mati engine 15 times on highway/road. Very lucky :(

1. Car like jerking at first I suspect my clutch pedal :ph34r: <-- usually happen when shift to 4th gear. <_<
2. Very hard to engage gear, not smooth. After I remove the 1.5 auto panel, and use back my 1.3 panel .. alot of difference. Very smooth when tarik high rev and shift gear very cun.
3. Engine mati <_<

uhhh very happy now my car is ok. :D B)

Thanks everyone. :D

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi there ... :)
I'm driving an Iswara Aeroback with Iswara SE muffler mounted and a local made aftermarket bullet...

The muffler is kind of bassy and solid.. but if on long journey, i think the muffler would deaf me... hehe...

I would like to know is there anyway to make it more silent? Is putting on a second bullet can solve this problem?

thnx...
all da best ppl!!!
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience