driver side HID faulty

ST1979

Jan 18, 2013
Singapore
Hi, does anyone encounter the HID unable to switch on. Sometime need to off and on again to on it. sometime just cannot on it. It is only the driver side. I am thinking it could be the ballast or maybe transistor.

LesleyAprotto

Banned
Jun 16, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
Hi, does anyone encounter the HID unable to switch on. Sometime need to off and on again to on it. sometime just cannot on it. It is only the driver side. I am thinking it could be the ballast or maybe transistor.
Your HID ECU is faulty or water entered, try take out the ECU and dry it, by vacuuming it, drying it with medium hair dryer or put it in hot sun for a couple of hours...

If that doesnt work you either got to replace it or do a mod by installing a modified HID lamp, inclusive bulbs and installation only RM270 done in Malaysia.

Most top accessories shops have the HID conversion kit, I think is from Taiwan. :listen:

PR1MO4130

Nov 7, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
had this issue before for my airtrek.....when i check, it turns out to be my bulb problem and replace the bulb with an oem unit....costed me RM150 per pair...

go and try to replace the bulb see if theres any difference...

ST1979

Jan 18, 2013
Singapore
Hi guys, thanks for the feedback. it is not so easy to remove the ballast so i went to my usual guy that does my lighting. initially he also thought it is the ballast but luckily he has an original starter and tested it. the fault is the starter that connect directly to the HID bulb.

but it is not cheap. Damage S$100. aftermarket could be cheaper and come is whole set but need to modified on the casing.

ST1979

Jan 18, 2013
Singapore
Yap, my bulb got slight crack too on the bulb. Keeping my finger cross hope it can last another 2 yrs.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Agility, lightness, youthfulness and superior sportiness – all these features are presented and highlighted impressively in BMW Concept 1 Series tii.</p><p>Based on the new BMW 1 Series Coupé being presented to the world public for the first time at the Tokyo Motor Show 2007, this fascinating design study is the consistent evolution of BMW’s compact two-door with a clear focus on uncompromising...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience