double 2 chn amp VS single 4 chn amp

cuppacino

Aug 18, 2006
hi i'm not sure if this has been asked b4 or not. which is better ? two of 2 channel amp vs one of 4 channel amp. from the same brand same fuse rating.

as far as i know, in order to protect a bigger power a bigger fuse is used.
but according to specs, one amp is 4x60rms while the other is 2x60rms using the same fuse. how ?

juz in case ur wondering.. i need a total of 4 channels, 2 to power 6" woofer, 2 to power midrange + tweeter.

the total of 2 2channel amp is only a bit higher than 1 4channel amp. which shd i get ?

oldskolboyz

500 RPM
Sep 2, 2005
Kuala Lumpur
If the space not your consent I vote for 2 unit 2ch.. if space is limited I will vote for 4ch.. but I'm refer to branded 1 not ayam brand laa.. coz ayam 1 would not improve anything either U use 2unit 2ch or 1unit 4ch..

smartgen2

Known Member
Jun 19, 2006
before u get the 4 ch amp, i strongly suggest u check ur space availability 1st. some 4ch cannot fit under the seat.

if the price and spec is same, i would go for 2x2 as it is seperate power source and the circuit/housing should be less stress. sound should be better lor...

g88

3,000 RPM
Jan 28, 2004
i would said depend on the spec of the amp

Alcon06

Known Member
Mar 6, 2006
I would recommend getting 2 units of 2-channel instead of a 4-channel(everything same), the 2 units of 2-channel will have more power reserve as it will not need to share the same power supply between 4-channels, each 2-channels have it's own power supply. :_:

howiechoo

8,000 RPM
Jul 25, 2004
Bukit Jalil
depend on amp design...there's a lot of 4ch amp actually using 2x power supply circuit unlike those normal brand which only use 1 power supply for 2 amplifier circuit

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Ya.. like what howie said. There are some 4-channel amps that perform as well as double 2-channels (Like the TRU Billet amp)

If it's the Helix A-series amps you're referring to, get two Helix A2 competitions and that will give you 150w x 4 of pure clean power :D

The Helix A4 will give 75w x 4 only

But then again, mnkh27 (I think that's his nick here) is selling a a/d/s/ top of the line 4-channel amp 100w x 4.. freaking loads of power.

Btw, all of the amps I mentioned above cannot fit under a normal Wira seat.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Ever experienced engine stall with air-conditioner on when you car slow down? What if its happen at the moment when you in a middle of U-turn? I bet your heart will pounding rapidly.

FICD is a little device that will help you with this problem. The concept is, this device will allow vaccum leak by allowing more air into intake manifold hence engine have enough air and wont stall. Its also stabilize idle and drive will feel a little bit lighter with a/c on. For the one who familiar with...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience