Do sim racing improve your driving skills ?

Do Racing Simulators Improve your Driving Skills?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

khilside

Jun 14, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Im just wondering , does it make you a better driver ? especially when driving on track. I know sim racing lacks of driving element ; the speed , g-force , etc. :driver:

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
yes....but if only the car u use on sim and real life exactly same or atleast have same behaviour....

but the body still need trained to increase stamina.....

there's one story regarding racing driver selected from major sim racing champion battle.....the driver manage to set amazing laptime considering he's just driving the car within few hours....but he vomit in his helmet while driving coz his body cannot cope with G-force....

in malaysia last time motorsport playground/snf held gt5 simulator battle i think most top driver are all regular racer/snf guy.....

D7zul

2,000 RPM
Feb 24, 2011
Shah Alam
Im just wondering , does it make you a better driver ? especially when driving on track. I know sim racing lacks of driving element ; the speed , g-force , etc. :driver:
hmmm.. mayb to some extend.. yes..

by using the same car layout.. FF, FR, MR.. things like that..

airplanes have simulation.. cars also have simulations

:biggrin:

TitanRev

You think I print money?
Helmet Clan
Mar 3, 2005
I wont leave home if I have that...Hahahaha

Tom

TIMETOATTACK
Helmet Clan
Jul 6, 2000
Kuala Lumpur
id say yes, in improving braking points, corner entry, practising certain race circuits and developing reflexes. Though it has to be as realistic as possible, with games like Gran Turismo, Live For Speed.

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
GT5 is close to realistic :biggrin:

s1tl

1,000 RPM
Jul 13, 2010
Ipoh/KL
but u totaly need that cockpit to make it all worth while hahahaha

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Yeah cockpit would be essential. Changing gears and driving with a PS3 controller just isn't the same thing....

K_Takuya

Moderate Moderator
Helmet Clan
Sep 1, 2005
Limau bali,Ipoh
You can learn the technical theory, but not including all the inertia u will get when u do the practical. I'll say u only have 50% from the sim out of 100% of all you need to get on the real track.

You need an instructor when when starting to learn on the real track... never try to do it based on the sims :)

ddv_nk12

1,000 RPM
May 18, 2011
PD
Never had hands on on one of these but i just feel that its only up to a certain extent, these will help in actual races. I once watched a programme about the WRC game sim champion who actually did better timing than the real WRC drivers in real life. It was the WRC Impreza which was used by the WRC game sim champion. Winning that competition, gave this guy the chance to actually try out the exact same track with the exact same car. He crashed. So, looking at this, yes this racing simulations may give you the feel of racing but not sufficient to use that as a training ground to take on the real tracks. Maybe as a starting platform and that is it.

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Ya, racing simulators are more like just some basic knowledge about racing,
but is not totally the same when you are in a real one on the tracks.

More like teaching you on how to get a good race line, brake timing and
when is the right time to hit the apex on each corners in order to stay in
the right racing line...:biggrin:

TitanRev

You think I print money?
Helmet Clan
Mar 3, 2005
To me, the sim helps you get familiar with the course say 60% of it...which is good...

VTEC LoVeR

500 RPM
Jun 30, 2010
Kulim
although i just have GT4 from PS2 at home, but it had help me a lot to understand about FF, FR, MR, RR, AWD and....... it is not as good as GT5 but for me, sudah ok lah....... xde duit nak beli PS3 macam mana ah..... :hmmmm:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi Guys, its been ages since i have posted here in zth. Currently i own a Suprima and would love for it to have a manual box instead of the CVT. i think mechanically it is tedious but pretty straight forward as i can get the bits from the Preve manual version(iafm). However the challenge is getting the ECU to recognize that it is no longer a CVT. i think there are two possible routes to this, 1) i think it is possible to Flash the standard ECU to tell it, it is a manual now. (layman speaking...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience