diy paint dashboard panel

eddie368

Known Member
Nov 29, 2003
sifu out there .... i just spray my dashboard panel from wooden panel to black.
the result of the color is the upper wan nice la.. but the lower near the lighter area
looks cacat... got pimple around.. y this happened got any solution?
if i wanna do it again.. can? I mean sand paper the panel n respray. means smooth out the
whole panel n spray.. tq

zephyr3d

3,000 RPM
Apr 29, 2005
near steven's
u should refer the older post, which is just a few post below u... search first.

http://www.zerotohundred.com/newforums/showthread.php?t=36408

anyway, the bubbles, maybe coz u didn't clean your surface properly when u diy. Try sandpaper it off... all of the pain.. remove all stains, uneven surfaces, scratch, till itz smooth... then only spray, and when u spray, spray it evenly at all surface from a same distance.. then only u can get even colour.

o hyea, make sure one layer is dry already then only proceed to 2nd layer.. same goes to 3rd layer. Dont spray another layer on top of wet layer... u'll get the 'saliva drooling' effect or bubbles.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Have you guys ever run your car over a plank of wood with nails on the road? Or maybe drove into an uncovered manhole?

Well here is what happened to me not long ago...

One fine morning, I was driving to work... All of a sudden, there's this tire explosion sound (Kapoop!) followed by reciprocating and repeating knocking sounds.... And my car was leaned to one side... S**t.... This has got to be tyre puncture... But what is the repeating knocking sound? You know what?

Since my office...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience