DIY Install Engine Start Button (with pictures)

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

RoyBlue

Sep 10, 2007
I like to install it as well.
How much u paid for that switch?

I'm not really a DIY kind of person,wonder whether I would be able to do it?
Btw,I drive a Satria 1.6 M.
I'm driving a Satria too. Contact FTZone on this forum here. He can get the button for ya.

RoyBlue

Sep 10, 2007
bro ROY...the button on your steering is NOS?>
NOS??? what is NOS!!?!?! hahahaha no la. My car where can put NOS... turbo pun tarak. It's a horn button which I also DIY. I put it there so i can use my thumb to activate the horn when i driving.

Just sprayed back my dashboard center console and spruced up my faded meter panel.... :) a lot of work.......

RoyBlue

Sep 10, 2007
Can DIY one la. Haiya. Never try never know ma. I also try try only. I study law k... not electronical engineering. :)

Muffins

May 3, 2006
Bro, quick question. Will this work with any other kind of switch? (Provided its not a switch that stays in one position la, I mean those types of switch you find on Aircond starters, the ones that bounce back out when pushed)

Cos I'm planning on modding one of those toggle switches to not "toggle" but to spring back and to put on a F15 style rocker cover :biggrin:

Alasui.

RoyBlue

Sep 10, 2007
Bro, quick question. Will this work with any other kind of switch? (Provided its not a switch that stays in one position la, I mean those types of switch you find on Aircond starters, the ones that bounce back out when pushed)

Cos I'm planning on modding one of those toggle switches to not "toggle" but to spring back and to put on a F15 style rocker cover :biggrin:

Alasui.

Most importantly is that you need a relay for it. Get a SPDT (Single Pole Double Throw) relay with a min of 30 amps for 12V's to use it. You mean you wanna make it like a "doomsday switch" kinda feel to it? Yeah... the same kinda method Hollywood movies use to remote detonate explosive charges. That would be cool. If your wiring is correct, I don't see a problem. However, why not leave the toggle switch to turn on the ignition system ( switch the system to HOT) and the push button to get the baby runnin?

P.S. If you can let me know where to find those f15 style of rocker covers... that would be mighty appreciated...

Muffins

May 3, 2006
Yeah, I was doing some research on Google and found out about the relay. Mrrrpfh... have to figure out basic kemahiran hidup wiring schematics again :hmmmm:

And I thought i've come across those rocker switches before.. but i can't remember where. Need to go explore the pasar road electronics shops again one day. woot. First things first, cari relay. Second step, try not to blow up car.

Ninja Edit : Got my relay at an ICE accessories shop. cost me RM25. Going shopping after work for a pretty looking switch to use. wooo. will post pictures and step by step when I manage to get it working. Heh. I'm estimating the total cost of the project to be below RM35.

Last edited:

wsonny

Known Member
May 21, 2005
Ampang
i had cut one of the wire but the key turning still can start the engine. Izzit if this wire not the one that mean is another wire i should cut. Coz only 2 wires i connect.

RoyBlue

Sep 10, 2007
whoa... which wire you cut.... ? the color?

wsonny

Known Member
May 21, 2005
Ampang
The colour is different from wat the forum show. I'm driving a mira L5 turbo. I cut one of the wire but still can use the key to start so i re connect back, is tat mean if i cut another wire will b correct.:hmmmm:

Altec90

Mar 17, 2009
For me, Waja. I think it easy to do it. Only Cost RM10~20.

Actually, you just need to buy some relay + wire, a switch that very flexible, Waja panel got 5 button, 1 disarm Alarm Siren, following with fog lamp switch then, emergency light then Heater.

I just need to find the disarm Alarm Siren switch panel(since i already change my alarm), and some wiring with relay, and i just pull my key to on, just press the button it started. I'll post my video afterward or tomorrow. Anyway, i wanna do something like 7Heaven does,

ACC switch, On Switch and Start Switch! wow! just like D1Spec! wakakakak :rofl::rofl::rofl:

SagaR3Supercharge

Aug 30, 2008
awsome...

i would like to do it also..

just wait n see

when the money comes....

hihihii... is it same the colour of the wire on saga?

corollagl

Mar 14, 2009
Hi forumer,

Nice Idea using switch button.
Want to install but afew question in doubt
witch switch can use. Normaly open or normaly closed?
how many point conection should have at switch?
My place got alot of switch(spare part store).blur to select.
not familiar with electrician.mechanical oklah.
can explain for me.

Virus-C

Jul 22, 2007
nice post man.. Do keep up the good work.. ZTH needs more DIY posts like these..
:D

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

With the ink hardly dry yet on the agreement to by Team Lotus owner Tony Fernandes to buy over niche British sportscar maker Caterham, it made perfect marketing sense to produce a limited edition Lotus-liveried version of the Caterham Seven.

Next, to further hype up the move, you take a Team Lotus Formula One driver, in this case Heikki Kovalainen, and let him loose in the car to kick it sideways and do a...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience