• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

jaywat

1,000 RPM
Jan 9, 2005

rungrote_c

May 10, 2005
Thailand
Change my topic from DCS to ALCS (alternator load cutting system)

I want to change my DIY from to DCS to ALCS (alternator load cutting system). Don't hurry to modify. I would like to explain it clearly then now can't show you all but it's look no difficant to DIY but the result of this project is guarantee. I just explain it as follow. The engine have many load to drive, such as motor fan, air compressor and generator. Because many loads, engine will lost power for driving equipment. Thus, we reduce the load of engine the power of engine become better. That my project will concern to the chargine system. Normaly, the battery will re-charging by generator but the generator will charge every engine work that no need alway charging. The generator will compose rotor and field coil. The rotor will use electrical from battery to make electromagnetic field. The engine will use power to drive the rotor that have magnetic field that cause of lost the power. So, this project will cut the magnetic field at rotor by control the voltage that supply to rotor coil. This is briefly explain. I will take photo this DIY step by step.

khguan

4,000 RPM
Aug 17, 2004
Seri Kembangan
fotopic.net
ok now i kinda understand about this DIY... but wat u gonna do to ur alternator n coil stuff??

if u gonna cut de magnetic field... how it gonna generate current for charging?? still blur on this part... btw wat do u mean by "CUT"??

over

Known Member
Nov 4, 2004
Ampang
the current injected into the alternator is small rite?? I think no significant improvement can be seen/felt.....just my 2 cent lor...

chinozie

Very Young Member... :D
Jul 5, 2004
Damansara
4age20v.blogsome.com
hmmm...nice...
but must hv baterry volt indicator...showing u the battery volt status...
if not...all of a sudden, tomorrow u can't start the car... :D

nice n cool stuff dude...

rungrote_c

May 10, 2005
Thailand
When we start the car, the rotor will have magnetic field due to the voltage supply to the coil of rotor. Then the rotor will have magnatic force to resist rotation of it seft. That mean, the engine have to power to drive it. The concept of DIY is cut the voltage supply from battery when battery have enough voltage to supply (More than 12 V) but we need the battery monitor to alarm when battery coming down volt. When we drive car as normal we can close circuit of charging system as normal that mean we don't worry about can't start the car due to battery volt fail but if high speed driver (in some time) we can open circuit of charging system for increase power engine. :mad:

simefly

Known Member
Apr 12, 2005
Hhmm.. interesting but wouldn't this cut short the battery life span? Instead of having a full charged battery everytime we drive, this will only allow to charge as and when its dying. Hhmm.. the battery electrolytes will go ku ku...

On the other hand, We can always use a volt meter to watch the battery voltage supply. That would not be an issue.

khguan

4,000 RPM
Aug 17, 2004
Seri Kembangan
fotopic.net
well... i think this DIY is not practical enough...

i noticed n discovered something after i added an autogauge voltmeter.... i noticed dat our alternator is not always charging de battery at its full rate...

altho de voltage is higher than battery voltage when de engine is running.. but sometimes it is on de low side (12.5V-13V).. onli once in a while like when just start engine n sometimes it will be on de high side (13.5V - 14.4V)..

Joeker

Walking Dead
Nov 19, 2003
Jinjang
Visit site
I don't understand how cutting off the charging cycle of the alternator will help free up more power from the engine.

Unlike the air cond compressor, the altenator does not sap power whether its charging or idlling.

The altenator is more of a parasitic drag like the water pump and oil pump.

Hence, the only way to free up more power for the enigne is to remove the alternator altogether.

howiechoo

8,000 RPM
Jul 25, 2004
Bukit Jalil
if u wan to save the energy of the engine, u can only cut off the timing belt to the alternator. the energy wasted from the elternator is from the dragging but not the power from the dragging, understand?

ex, no matter ur alternator connect the output to or not to electronic component in car(mean use the electronic power), it will still wasted the energy from engine, because the alternator is still running by the timing belt. and the timing belt is drag by the engine to move the alternator..

SpeedWanker

Known Member
Nov 17, 2003
guess wut Mr. Rung is saying has some truth to it.. ever noticed especially on smaller engines, the moment u switch on u're lights or high beam u're engine's rpm seems to drop? well i guess that the load he's trying to avoid, the load from the alternator when trying to keep u're batt fully charge..
so if only we could somehow stop the alternator temporarily from charging during our night drags and power all electricall equipments via the batt then we should theoritically gain some power, not much but maybe a slightly better trottle respond of the line..

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Now a days interior modification of the car has really grabbed the attentions of the car enthusiasts and they are showing up with different innovations almost every day.The reason is simple.More innovations in the car's interior materials.Car interior is a wide terminology but I will, for the sake of simplicity stick my self to the car dashboard.
Obviously the first thing of the car interior which comes into notice is the dashboard bearing lots of panels and slots and if job well done,one...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience