Distilled Water In Radiator

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

nicky5

Known Member
anyone put distilled water into radiator tank before?
or shall i say battery water into radiator tank?
heard it eliminate rust... how true is it? and battery water got acid ah? :huh:

your radiator will rust in long term man. it's acid!!! :blink:

i think it because the water contain iron molekul...

hihihi, i use distrilled water + toyota long life coolant...

the result CUN~~~ :D

battery water are deionised h2o leh. Not distilled h2o la.

true true :lol:

battery water and distilled water different mah

is it good or bad .. to use battery water.. for ur radiator.. ??

let say i flus the wayer out....
issit then put in normal tap water and buy coolant?which collant?

Originally posted by gsr@May 12 2004, 01:50 PM
Redline Water Wetter
heard excellent reviews for redline water wetter. Need to look for it too.

i have redline water wetter but i havent used it yet... maybe next 10-15k service .... but i think distilled = air suling = pure water is good....

Spritzer distilled water only cost RM5+ for 5.5liter... Dun pick the wrong one. There is another one that is mineral water.

aiyo...

Battery Water (NEW - Still in bottle) = Distilled Water
Battery Water (Inside Battery) = Acidic

Battery Water when inside bottle. Touch b4. Fingers still around

:lol: :lol:

I use filtered water from Diamond filter at home ,if it's good for my tummy it's good for my car.

I thought distilled water is condensed water vapour from boiling water. no?

Isn't battery water distilled ? no?

there are two types of battery water.

as battery water is produced to a certain standard,

there are two main methods in use today to produce it.

one is Distillation (air suling la) which is water vapor. However, equipment tends to be hot and large.

so in comes deionisation. which, unlike distilled water which is "created" pure, ions are removed through the use of activated filteration systems...

these as u can see apply to battery care.

radiators... haha, ur guess which one goes in best. distilled la. not deionized..minerals and all..

Read my post earlier.

Nevermind I repeat.

When one say battery water. which one is he referring to? Battery water you buy in the bottle or the battery water inside the battery?

Battery water in the bottle is DISTILLED WATER (NEW).

The liquid inside the battery (Some also called it battery water) is ACIDIC! It was originated from Distilled Water but after chemical reaction, it became Acidic.

So dont pour out the water inside the battery and put it in the radiator, that spells disaster.

You can go any workshop or petrol station buy BOTTLED DISTILLED WATER FOR BATTERY and put inside the radiator.

Distilled water is good when you use together with coolant because since its pure water it would not have chemical reaction with the coolant and break the coolant down.

If you want to avoid rust by using DISTILLED WATER, I dont think it will help. Because rust of metal is due to oxygen (correct me if I am wrong) Metal oxidise become rust lo.

On a standard radiator tank its about 4-5 litres. 2 litres of regular household tap filtered water will do and 2 litres of OEM cooolant like from honda or toyota would do good. Not necessary to use distilled water. Anyway its best to follow the 50% mix properly. Enuff to inhibit rust and raise boiling temp.

Although distilled water is proven to dissipate heat better. Its your call in economic sense. B)

Top Bottom