Disc Brake Conversion

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

artworkz

500 RPM
Jul 3, 2008
JB
hai, i currently own a ford fiesta and want convert my rear drum brake to disc.
can anyone tell me the cost for toyota AE or mazda 323 rear disc brake and custom made bracket . really wish my fiesta can having rear disc brake.

artworkz

500 RPM
Jul 3, 2008
JB
just lets warranty void. any idea for rear drum to disc conversion? i goggle hav perodua car use civic eg n toyota AE disc for conversion. coz Asean ford fiesta center bore is 54mm, so i decide use toyota or mazda kit.

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
Give my mechanic a call, he's out in Sungai Buloh but he's got Sunway skills :) 0193769977 - Yan, tell him Jason dsport sent you.

he fabricated the calipers and the brackets of Civic Ek4 brakes for my ride. i bought new rotors and brake pads.

artworkz

500 RPM
Jul 3, 2008
JB
thx ixeo, my area at JB. seem too far. but wat ur ride thats fixed Ek caliper? wat rotor u buy? any hand brake problem?

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
myvi, but i did front only. my other friend did front and back EK at the same place.. no problems..

artworkz

500 RPM
Jul 3, 2008
JB
rear disc oni for show off. dun u think fiesta exterior look so nice but the drum is a off..

kumar22mostwanted

1,500 RPM
Jan 9, 2010
HELL!!!
rear disc oni for show off. dun u think fiesta exterior look so nice but the drum is a off..
like potong stim oni so nice then suddenly drums only at the rear
im suprised they couldnt just slot in some discs at the back as well
i think all new cars these days have discs both front and back right:hmmmm:

infinity.melvin

SlowPoke
Jul 4, 2006
kuala lumpur
can always put fake rotor spacers ma.. with belembo calipers haha!

anyway, in the market got alot of honda brakes made for myvi..

i've made some research on brake set conversion.. typically any or shld i say, almost all brakes can be fabricated to a car (not taking into account of upgrading other necessary parts like brake pump etc etc when using higher pot/larger caliper set). just need to get the right PCD, and make sure rims can clear the brake kit. of course, not forgetting the most important part, need to fabricate bracket to hold the brakes. i guess most engineering shops that custom rim spacers, knuckles etc etc can make the bracket for u..

this is just my own knowledge from what ive read on the internet..
if i have made any mistakes, sifu pls correct. am still learning :)

Last edited:

kaderAE101

Known Member
Mar 6, 2010
K.L / Ampang
hello Artworkz
You can get AE101 rear disc brake assembly with the hand brake cables for abt Rm 600 ringit.. chk the scrap wards in Permas Jaya.

artworkz

500 RPM
Jul 3, 2008
JB
i just check AE disc brake kit at kulai, johor halfcut yard, rm450 oni. mazda need 650. so i settle with toyota AE disc+caliper.lucky ford fiesta h/brake cable have adaptor, so very easy to sambung with caliper h/brake mechanisim. wish the disc offset can clear the bearing hub. the caliper pump seems need to overhaul before fixed for the best.
any johorian where is the best machine shop at jb? i wanna custom a caliper bracket.
Thx

mines998

1,000 RPM
Dec 1, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
artworkz said:
i just check AE disc brake kit at kulai, johor halfcut yard, rm450 oni. mazda need 650. so i settle with toyota AE disc+caliper.lucky ford fiesta h/brake cable have adaptor, so very easy to sambung with caliper h/brake mechanisim. wish the disc offset can clear the bearing hub. the caliper pump seems need to overhaul before fixed for the best.
any johorian where is the best machine shop at jb? i wanna custom a caliper bracket.
Thx
Try San Hup at Kolam Air/ Johor Bahru I think they got do it.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

anyone knows how to do this?

can we just source for a used ignition coil from the scrap yard and connect it to a 12V?

Brand new Exhaust gas ignition system
Produces flames from all single pipe exhaust systems
Full fitting instructions and parts supplied
Fits all cars except those listed below

****Not suitable for the following cars****

All Diesel Engines, Subaru Impreza, Toyota (Distributor Ignition)...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience