Different between VDO & MMC in wira

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Mine cincai method only. Since already quite clean, just use wet cloth and wipe away dust. Don't even need 15 minutes to finish it. :biggrin:

Only the inner hard to reach parts will clean once in a while. In those places, can still find oil stains and hardened dirt. I don't have chemical to clean those. Manually rub and rinse with water seems too slow.
The only more hardcore fellow I know was my ex company the malay jaga. Since he jaga night till morning, he is so free, he slowly wipe his 120Y engine with kerosene. You open engine bonnet, really spotless inside......lol:biggrin:

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
The only more hardcore fellow I know was my ex company the malay jaga. Since he jaga night till morning, he is so free, he slowly wipe his 120Y engine with kerosene. You open engine bonnet, really spotless inside......lol:biggrin:
If night time, I find it very hard to clean engine bay. So dark, unless got really good lighting.

The jaga fella is old school car kaki is it? Old school cars with spotless engine is very rare now. Most old cars have oil stains here and there.

loose_end

3,000 RPM
Jul 29, 2009
Malaysia
VDO more electronic based > MMC ?

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
VDO more electronic based > MMC ?
VDO seems to be using a more complicated ECU than MMC which I heard that VDO's ECU can be adaptive. Also VDO had more sensors than MMC. A few things like distributor is also different for VDO.

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
If night time, I find it very hard to clean engine bay. So dark, unless got really good lighting.

The jaga fella is old school car kaki is it? Old school cars with spotless engine is very rare now. Most old cars have oil stains here and there.
At home, probably yes too dark. But at office got spot lights. He drive and park directly under spot lights bright enough.....hhahahhahah:rofl:

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Still trying to poison him......lol:rofl:
Went to a shop that sell mod parts today and tried to get some advice on modding. Spoke to the boss that I just got to know recently.

I asked about changing spark plug cables to performance type like those from NGK but he said those are too expensive and not worth my money considering my engine is still stock. I ask about MSD, he said that is even more expensive and people use it for racing, not suitable for me. He said just get some good spark plugs and that should do it. I ask how about iridium? He said don't have to go to that extent as NGK G-power plugs will do. He said even if the sparking power is strong in my engine, but the fuel injected is not sufficient. Therefore, these upgrades won't really make much difference for my engine.

Asked about air filter, he said now original K&N drop in is around RM500. He said if get those cheaper ones like HKS from halfcut, need to replace as they have lifespan unlike K&N. Another mechanic in the shop suggest me to go for open pod as the open pod is only RM300+. But boss told me if I get open pod, still need to buy the intake hoses to connect it and the final sum would come up to near RM500 as well.

Seems like the boss of this shop is trying to cure my mod poison. :rofl:

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Modding not say don't work. As the shop boss mentioned whether worth the money or not. Platinum plugs probably around RM60, Iridium RM180, can you get 3 times the performance......lol
Most people use Iridium for durability, especially those cars that have difficulty to access to the plugs. cars like Perdana V6, Nissan STD (haha) and even Subaru boxer engine....

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi guys.

I just posted a thread last week about this mad man throwing a concrete rock at me. YESTERDAY, my car was stolen in SUBANG JAYA, SS15, in front of the shoplots facing CARREFOUR.

I parked my car, went to see my dentist to do my nerve treatment with mom. Came out an hour later and my car was gone..
Parked my car at 11am. Came back at 1230....in bright day light.
So many houses in front of the car park....how could they!!

6 years of unconditional love i've given to him, and he's...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience