Datuk Jean Todt

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

prodigy

2,000 RPM
Nov 15, 2003
Got this from f1-live.com. Not bad huh. Get Datuk almost for nothing. Wonder what is his contribution to Malaysia?

Ferrari boss Jean Todt was honoured on Thursday with the official Malaysian title of 'Datuk', according to the Bernama news agency.

Datuk is the Malaysian equivalent of 'Sir' in Britain.

60-year-old Todt's girlfriend is Malaysian actress Michelle Yeoh, and the pair is reportedly building a home in the east of the country.

378 others were also honoured in Malaysia on Thursday, local media said.

sakuraguy

5,000 RPM
Nov 4, 2004
Sendai, JAPAN.
www.zerotohundred.com
hhhmmm ... i think because he secretly test drive M.Schumacher's F1 car and get caught by media's ..

U know datuk'ships are like shits .. anyone can buy it :) like a diploma or degree..

;)

acbc

4,000 RPM
Jan 9, 2004
KD
Datuk = RM 500k
Tan Sri = RM 1M
Tun = RM 3M + contributions to country

sakuraguy

5,000 RPM
Nov 4, 2004
Sendai, JAPAN.
www.zerotohundred.com
Datuk = Male
Nenek = Female :)

Dato' = Male
Datin = Female

why they call Datuk Michelle Yeoh .. but the fact if Nenek Michelle Yeoh ?

na_power

1,000 RPM
Dec 13, 2004
he got datuk coz contribute invest in some island it terengganu i think... but yeah datuk can buy if u rich in certain state... but tan sri or tun cannot maaa, this not normal title... only the agong can give, sumone itz really high... dato' nowadays means nothing, but tan sri n tun people still respect...

BlackSamurai

9,000 RPM
Sep 2, 2004
near 7-11
www.hcc.ne1.net
sakuraguy said:
Datuk = Male
Nenek = Female :)

Dato' = Male
Datin = Female

why they call Datuk Michelle Yeoh .. but the fact if Nenek Michelle Yeoh ?
Datin is wife of Datin. Even female will be called Datuk Sri, Datuk or Dato', those are unisex status.

Datul Seri Rafidah Aziz for example.

Last edited:

MK84

1,500 RPM
Nov 16, 2003
www.mk84.com
It's for his contribution and support for the Monsoon Cup and Pulau Duyung in Terengganu.

butthead

2,000 RPM
Aug 12, 2004
BlackSamurai said:
Datin is wife of Datin. Even female will be called Datuk Sri, Datuk or Dato', those are unisex status.

then shouldn't he be a datin??? Welcome Datin' Jean Todt...

prodigy

2,000 RPM
Nov 15, 2003
Its true, Datuk title is unisex. That means a lady can be called Datuk. If a man gets Datuk, his wife is automatically called Datin. If a lady gets Datuk, the husband gets Habuk(nothing).

But frankly, i don't see any of his contributions to the country at all, besides being Datuk Michelle Yeoh's fiance. That is why our national reward system is flawed. A man with criminal background can be a Datuk. Remember the few guys who were stripped off their Datukship after they were found to be criminals.

In UK, the equivalent to Datuk is Sir and you don't see many Sir's around simply because the title is quite prestigious and only people who have contributed something to the country deserves it.

mrbear

500 RPM
Nov 16, 2005
Michelle Yeoh also DATO.. takkan Jean Todt be Datin? hahahahahhaa

sakuraguy

5,000 RPM
Nov 4, 2004
Sendai, JAPAN.
www.zerotohundred.com
BlackSamurai said:

Dey macha .. lu sudah konpius sama sayala .. hahaha .. "DATUL"? .. "Datin is wife of Datin" ? .. female marry female?

Kookaburra

Known Member
Apr 29, 2005
Koala Lampost
MK84 said:
It's for his contribution and support for the Monsoon Cup and Pulau Duyung in Terengganu.
I tot it's because he bought a whole island in Terengganu or building a huge resort home in the state. Not to mention the Sultan must want his supply of limited editions Ferrari/Maserati to continue :cyclops:

Known Member
Nov 15, 2003
SABAH
www.irs-asia.com
All the same, if they contribute to the country then they deserve the respect. If they trying to be "lin si" just because they are some kinda datuk/dato, I will show them my fist/middle finger.

My previous boss's family, who is big time "lord of smuggling" at the back, the father and his sons are titled datuk or whatever you call it...

There's this joke last time - in the clinic, if the nurse call out the name "datuk", 9 out of 10 people will stand up at the same time...

So, datuk is not a big deal anymore. That's what I reckon. You got the money, you can be a datuk. Datuk can get respect? Well, people are only respect to the money, not the good reputation and/or contribution.

minivan

1,500 RPM
Jun 11, 2004
BBBangi/KL
Visit site
ken yeang said:
Whats the difference between Datuk and Dato?
essentially the same...

whether you get Dato' or Datuk depends on which state you got the title from...

if not mistaken laa..

BlackSamurai

9,000 RPM
Sep 2, 2004
near 7-11
www.hcc.ne1.net
ken yeang said:
Whats the difference between Datuk and Dato?
wiki-it. :biggrin:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Malay_titles
but this is something different from what i know, the wikipedia might be wrong.

PS, it's Dato', not Dato.

PS: Datuk can also meant your father's father. So you will automatically granted as "Datuk" status when you daugther or daugther give birth to your grandson. :laugh:

in Malaysia, Datuk is just like Proton, you see it anywhere, as long as you are with BN and not with opponent party.

Last edited:

butthead

2,000 RPM
Aug 12, 2004
why has this F1 thread turn to discussing about datuks and neneks???

A Post Every 5 Mins

Hi all Sifu,

From forum notice many mivec owner change to after market extractor, i went two shop for comparison, i m very disappointed with crystal auto, jb distributor if powerzone product, first of all their shop is quite messy, and they doesn't keep some stock for instant business, anything have to order and wait... anyway their extractor for 4G93 wira is rm490.

When i visited speedworks jb, the technician didn't encourage me to change mivec extractor, he said the 93 extractor is...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience