Engine and Performance

D15B to sell!! Very economy+powerfull.

arainetwork

Jul 27, 2005
KL
www.studiotraffic.com
Hello everyone.

I decided to convert my EK with B18C.

So, i want to sell my D15B 3 stage Vtec.

Vtec bukak on 4000RPM.

Still in good condition.

Mileage is low : 65000.

Currently using e-manage. Can discuss if you want to buy e-manage too.

Some info about D15B 3 stage VTEC for your information :

3-stage VTEC
Examine the SOHC VTEC and SOHC VTEC-E implementations. The clever Honda engineers saw that it is a logical step to merge the two implementations into one. This is in essence the 3-stage VTEC implementation. 3-stage VTEC is implemented on the D15B 1.5l SOHC engine in which the VTEC-E mechanism is combined with the power VTEC mechanism.
Many of us probably has laughed at the poor ignorant layman who said "I want power AND economy from my Honda". We know of course that power and economy are mutually exclusive implementations. Honda decided not to abide by this rule. Now, with 3-stage VTEC, we get BOTH power and economy !.
The diagram below illustrates the 3-stage VTEC implementation. The intake rocker arms have two VTEC pin actuation mechanisms. The VTEC-E actuation assembly is located above the camshaft while the VTEC (power) actuation assembly is the standard wild-cam lobe and rocker assembly.

Below 2500rpm and with gentle accelerator pressure, neither pin gets actuated. The engine operates in 12V mode with very good fuel combustion efficiency. When the right foot gets more urgent and/or above 2500rpm, the upper pin gets actuated. This is the VTEC-E mechanism at work and the engine effectively enters into the '2nd stage'. Now D15B 3-stage works in 16V mode (both intake valves works from the same mild cam-lobe).
Stage 2 operates from around 2500rpm to 6000rpm. When the rpm exceeds 6000rpm, the VTEC mechanism activates the wild cam-lobe pushing the engine into the '3rd stage', the power stage. Now the engine gives us the full benefit of its 130ps potential !
The 3-stage VTEC D15B engine is used on the current EK-series JDM Civic/Civic Ferio VTi/Vi together with Honda's new Multimatic CVT transmission. Stage-1 12V or "lean-burn" operation mode is indicated to the driver by an LED on the dashboard. The 2500rpm cutover from lean-burn to normal 16V operation in fact varies according to load and driver requirements. With gentle driving, lean-burn can operate up to 3000rpm or higher. Stage-3 may not always be activated. The Multimatic transmission has a selector for Economy, Drive, and Sports mode. In Economy mode for eg, the ECU operates with a max rpm of around 4800rpm even at Wide-Open-Throttle positions.
The essence of 3-stage VTEC is power AND economy implemented on a 1.5l SOHC PGM-Fi engine. Many people mistakes 3-stage VTEC as a "superior" evolution of the power oriented DOHC VTEC implementation, describing DOHC VTEC as "the older 2-stage VTEC" and implying an inferior relationship. This is totally wrong because DOHC VTEC is tuned purely for high specific output and sports/racing requirements. 3-stage VTEC is in truth an evolution of SOHC VTEC and VTEC-E, merging the two implementations into one.

Last edited:

ccipan

Known Member
Jun 14, 2005
selangor
how do u know ur engine is 3 stage? eek3 vi type on panel under your hud??

cad843

Known Member
Mar 23, 2005
Oita Ken
The "econo" blinking if ur speed already above 40km/h, means ur already in the stage 2, then 100km/h means in stage 3 ... if I not mistaken. Yes, with right tuning + performance parts can also feels the power but not like B series laa.

This engine comes with GF E-EK3 VI chasis, front and rear bumper like VI-RS but have no lips on it. The engine actually 1.49l.

Last edited:

arainetwork

Jul 27, 2005
KL
www.studiotraffic.com
ccipan said:
how do u know ur engine is 3 stage? eek3 vi type on panel under your hud??

my EK is from Japan. My car is a recond car.

there is no speed limit. I've been using e-manage to remove the speed cut.

currently, i already try reach 205km/h at the highway. Can go futher.. but you know how Malaysia road condition rite??

:tongue:

tecque

500 RPM
Jun 29, 2005
sbn
local D16 versus recond D15.... which one is faster and which one got the potential?????

vtecD

Known Member
Apr 28, 2005
1.6 sohc vtec..what is the name of the engine lar???

arturo

nooB
Aug 5, 2004
SateCelupLand
go here for all u need to know bout the D15b 3 stage engine...im interested myself...but how much la?whats included in the package?

arainetwork

Jul 27, 2005
KL
www.studiotraffic.com
arturo said:
go here for all u need to know bout the D15b 3 stage engine...im interested myself...but how much la?whats included in the package?
ecu+wiring+gearbox+short shift gear+Original Mugen front bar.

Mileage is 65000km . Engine is still in good condition.

Price is : RM2000 (Still can negotiable)

Add another Rm500 to get my e-manage piggyback management with wiring.

Please let me know if you interested.

EG8

2,000 RPM
Jan 2, 2004
KL
www.surfer-girl.com
arainetwork said:
ecu+wiring+gearbox+short shift gear+Original Mugen front bar.

Mileage is 65000km . Engine is still in good condition.

Price is : RM2000 (Still can negotiable)

Add another Rm500 to get my e-manage piggyback management with wiring.

Please let me know if you interested.
uh ok.... i tot u r running on auto tranny until i read the short shift gear... which gearbox that u r using for the engine? d15b EG manual gbox eh?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hey guys sorry to be such a dumbass but how do you put a cai in a waja 1.6. i really think there is a prob wif this car and cai coz got no space unless im lacking sumthing. has anyone done a cai upgrade on a waja before. any sorta input would be very much appreciated
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience