D1 Round 3.Message to Ivan Lau

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

- D i a b l o -

500 RPM
Hey Ivan

I know we dont know eachother,but as a diehard member of the RE family.I want you to know that we all support you.Great work going to the quarter finals.

You're FC3S with the strobey's look really great when drifting.I realised that you're competitor was running slower then you thus blocking you while drifting thru the 2nd and 3rd clipping point.Is that true?

And how bad is your car damaged when you hit the tirewall?

LoL.I hope he reads this..

ROTARY FOR LIFEEE
(Joewe,i want to borrow your tagline here,kthx)

Thank you so much of the supporting.
Ya, I push my self too hard, should have to slow down a bit during that corner. But the corner over there have a lot of oil, if I slow down will under steer a lot.
The car is not serious damage, is a tough car. I think I bang more then 10 times since Friday then only find out the problem is my front tyre.
This car still need some time to tune up. Hope can give better fight or show next round.

Ivan,since you are the sole competitor with an FC i consider you as our representative.

Im willing to pool money if you are short of fund.teeheeee

Oh,so its a tough car,I thought something bad happened when you stopped and park the car near the accident spot.I was worried

The moment you beaten the first opponent.The glorious rotary sound..ah chills man..with the misfiring

a tribute to you

view_photo.php

thanks to Hilal for this nice sideway pics.

Ya, the roll center adaptor was broken. On Friday I broke the left one, Saturday o broke the right one.
Thanks for funding. Is ok cause is sponsor by ACTIVE AUTOMOBLE MOTORWORKS. Their shops locate at USJ. If you ask ah choi, he will guide you there.
If you free you can drop by to see that car over there. What I’m short is information to tune up that car. I don’t have much experience on FC. Every race I’m sure bang to learn some thing new.

i see.I will definitely go and meet up with you and the car.
Just to back you up only the funding,incase anything
mana tau you want to go pro nanti tak cukup duit.

I start fanclub leh XD

Not a problem. I hope more rotary member can join drifting sport.

sad to hear that you banged your FC... hope you can get your FC in gud condition again ivan... when is the next round and where is it held?

Round 4 will be 12 august in penang. The place not comfirm yet. Should be Batu Kawan.

omg.. penang..... so far.... nvr mind.. ivan bro, i'll support you...... morally... hahahhaa..... jia you... show those ppl that rotary rules...

Ivan.... we have a group of rotary freaks here in Penang :) although i'm KL people.... maybe they can join to see :) we all in RE club malaysia supports you...

Dear Ivan...
i'm a big fans of D1...and i have gone wherever i was able to go just to watch you guy going sideway...i think i have somthing to say about ur FC...at Danga Bay..which i don't remember much..i have to watch the video again...at Shah Alam, i notice that ur las 2clipping point was under power in most run..i think its d common weakness of the Rotary engine,rite?poor torque at low rpm?can it be corrected?Like erm....de-tune d engine to NA instead of Turbo?Do ur team have "spotter"?Keep Going IVan...

David_1211 said:
Dear Ivan...
i'm a big fans of D1...and i have gone wherever i was able to go just to watch you guy going sideway...i think i have somthing to say about ur FC...at Danga Bay..which i don't remember much..i have to watch the video again...at Shah Alam, i notice that ur las 2clipping point was under power in most run..i think its d common weakness of the Rotary engine,rite?poor torque at low rpm?can it be corrected?Like erm....de-tune d engine to NA instead of Turbo?Do ur team have "spotter"?Keep Going IVan...

Yes, I think all cars are lack of power at that corner unless you have NOS or your gear ratio matching that course.
At that corner, I have to drop to 1st gear. And very difficult for me cause I’m running twin plate clutch. Because the clutch too grip, every time I drop gear the rear wheel will lock and cause some over steer. So the timing of dropping gear has to be very accurate. I have no choice cause can't find any single plate clutch.
NA might be better, but I don’t want to waste time on engine. My stock engine runs fine. 200HP on wheel is good enough. Rotary is different with piston engine.
So far suspension setup is more important for me. Have to find the balance point for this car.
By the way, any RE club member try ported FC engine running stock turbine? Mind to share?

I dont particularly think that your rotary should be detuned or anything as i saw every drift you made on that faithful day.

Take a look at Tengku's Hachi.
Who needs gobbles of torque if you can just maintain and enter like that.

Suspension goes first :D.go ivan!

- D i a b l o - said:
I dont particularly think that your rotary should be detuned or anything as i saw every drift you made on that faithful day.

Take a look at Tengku's Hachi.
Who needs gobbles of torque if you can just maintain and enter like that.

Suspension goes first :D.go ivan!

That day Tengku's 86 suffer power loss. From what i see, that car only did around 100km/h or less from starting point until 1st cone. Ah Fai 86 able to hit around 110~120 km/h. My FC can do around 120~130 km/h.
But tengku's 86 still able to win that day, really respect his driving skill & tactics he use.

After I had the engine rebuilt with new stage 2 ports, my power band moved slightly higher, and was wider (think 4000-redline). Turbo seemed to spool up a bit faster too. If you need a fair more whack, but don't want to spend too much, perhaps you could rebuild your existing turbo with a larger comrpessor? like, say t04 sized.

What's your suspension setup? (if you don't mind me asking) You could PM me if you don't feel like disclosing you're secrets publicly ;) Perhaps we could trade secrets ;););)

A thread every 60 seconds

Search

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience
Top Bottom