D.I.Y. - Engine Wash

Convicted_Knight

Jul 17, 2006
Got lots of time... Got passion to do it.. Got tools to do.. but no chemicals to use wash my engine.. Anyone know where to buy it?

I hate to send to carwash to do engine wash.. They all always in a hurry.. ofcoz lah coz got many car waiting.. Cant blame that on them.. Sprayed the chemicals here n there.. spray some water then kautimsai.. Job done ofcoz i'm not satisfy althou they put some tire polish on my engine cover, air filter cover, radiator head, etc... so looks more shinny...:X-:

jswong

Known Member
Dec 30, 2004
When I want to get rid of plenty of grease and grime from my engine bay, I used a pail of water + Dynamo.. really.

Dynamo is great for cleaning out the throttle body also. It melts off oil and grease like it's nothing. If you put diluted Dynamo into a spray bottle and spray around the parts of the engine, you can close the hood and wash the exterior of the car before getting back to it later. It can really take off lots of grease, oil, stains, etc.

SkYwAlKeR

Over 10,000 RPM!
Mar 12, 2005
ePoh ~ malacca
Visit site
hahaha... promoting dynamo...
dynamo also helps if u accidently spills chicken curry into ur engine bay....

seriously, do u guys notice what those mechs use to wash their hand after working on ur car??... they use clothes detergent... i've tried using it, its really vr vr effective... coz they are highly concentrated....

ThunderGod_Cid

Known Member
Dec 2, 2005
yeah, i use soap powder on my hands... if its VERY VERY greasy, use both soap powder AND dishwasher together :).

Ask HuaKenny (south side, washing basin :p)

howiechoo

8,000 RPM
Jul 25, 2004
Bukit Jalil
they are not using cloth detergent le..they are using those red color radiator cleaner...erm...forgot wat it called....sulferXXXXXX

Convicted_Knight

Jul 17, 2006
Hmm... Maybe i stick to dynamo better.. Affordable.. If that radiator cleaner, it may coz more i think so..

Any other tips guys?

howiechoo

8,000 RPM
Jul 25, 2004
Bukit Jalil
radiator cleaner very cheap la...go car wash and ask them, sell u...i think RM5-10 can get u 1 bottle of 1.5 L mineral water bottle////

edwin_lcw

1,000 RPM
Jul 13, 2005
Setapak
for me i also use soap water ..... damn effective wash whole thing except the distributor ..... but after that must let it dry ..... for me i use the vaccum cleaner to blow it dry expecially on every sensor ......

khguan

4,000 RPM
Aug 17, 2004
Seri Kembangan
fotopic.net
u can use soap, dishwasher, fabric cleaner, engine degreaser... anything that dissolve oil n not too strong for the paint surfaces are OK....

i wash my engine almost everytime i wash my car... no need to cover anything... just spray water.... then spray detergent/degreaser.... then spray with water.... if u have high pressure cleaner.. even better...

after that... use a air blower to dry the engine...

kruger

500 RPM
Feb 16, 2005
A.Setar
kenzo...

use plastic bag la to cover all of that. that's why they invented the plastic bag... hahaha :D

huakenny

LB Performance
Feb 24, 2005
Kota Kinabalu
Visit site
so for a Gasoline engine,

wat else u need to take note other than open port air filter and distributor?

i heard battery oso cannot spray with water rite?

correct me if im wrong....

skyline2778

Known Member
Apr 28, 2005
Sban
I use serbuk FAB.....:_: quite ok also lor....

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

I drive a Toyota Altis Gen 10.5. I have this problem with the steering. OK this problem had been issued in the Altis forum before but seem to stop now. What happen is that whenever i turn the steering to right ( stall or moving ), there's a swisshhhhh sound come from the steering. Some forumer claims it's because of the rack and pinion and they send it to Toyota SC and get replace. Some not get to replaced but just some adjustment but the problem will come back. Worry also how to convince...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience