Custom Windscreen Heater Element

AE80TypeD

1,500 RPM
Nov 24, 2003
Puchong
Visit site
Hi guys,

I recently noticed some track cars have the window heater element (usually on our rear screen for clearing fog) installed on their front windshields. I apologize if this has been discussed before & if so I would appreciate if anyone could kindly point me to the topic. I have tried searching zth with a few keywords that I thought relevant but so far with no luck.

If you guys know what Im talking about, I would like to know where I can find those elements & install them. Also if anyone happens to be using/used them already, may I know if they really do the job well during cold/rainy weather? how helpful or effective are they? Thank you in advance for any & all kind replies. :driver:

sugizo_takuro

Known Member
Feb 20, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
i'd been in a pajero which the owner puts after market defogger for the front mirror, it is lekat at the top of the front mirror, behind the rearview mirror..but that time i donno about cars, and i dont ask him..but it is a defogger..urm, why need one, aircond only cannot clear it?

AE80TypeD

1,500 RPM
Nov 24, 2003
Puchong
Visit site
hi! thx for replying. im interested in this item because my car is no longer running any kind of air conditioning. the car is on its way to becoming a track car, but i still drive it around for going to workshops & events. this defogger heating element thing will even come in handy if it suddenly drizzles or turns cold in the race track. thats why i want to have one.

i asked some dude in NZ bcoz he uses this device on the front screen of his AE86 Levin, he says over there they can buy them off normal spare parts shops. dang, so jealous XD. i already tried local area accessories shops & bodyworks/autoglass workshops. no luck yet. havent been to Sunway area or any expensive shops yet tho.. too scared of the price, but ill bet its the best place to look eventually.

sugizo_takuro

Known Member
Feb 20, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
welcome..haha, i thought so ur car are going to be a track car...:biggrin: hurm, if i saw one, i get u know soon..do you try search it at mudah?

AE80TypeD

1,500 RPM
Nov 24, 2003
Puchong
Visit site
thx i would really appreciate it :) yeah i did try mudah, but frankly u know la different ppl got so many ways of saying things, sometimes spelling oso differently. so far, all the obvious keywords that i could think of did not turn up any helpful results. i even went for "pemanas cermin"

"No ads were found" wakaka!

sugizo_takuro

Known Member
Feb 20, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
haha...i also search at mudah..cant find any...actually i also search for pemanas cermin kereta..haha...ok, if i find one, let u know...

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

I got my Mercedes Bend E300 just 4 years and it only clock 10,000 kms, i don't drive it often that is bcz i do have a few more cars at home. I always follow the service schedule as Cycle & Carriage recommended and always cost me thousand & thousand. As usual i sent my car to C&C Segamut a couple days ago for full service and i did ask them help me have a look on my air cond system because some time will take like 5-10 mins to work, at the 1st they said could find anything, they will flush my...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience