Coverage of HPC 2007 November

Alchemis

1,000 RPM
Dec 13, 2005
Guys and Girls...

here we go... some footage of the HPC November 2007 track event.
this time it's totally different. it's a north track. it's short, it's high speed, and it's milder on the tyres... but heavy on brakes.

i won't show much, but only 4 clips...

1) Andy's Run on RX8 Auto. De-Catted, Auto-exec exhaust ..video taken by Raymond's gf (i think his name is raymond)..

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/WNR9eDqqPC0"> </param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/WNR9eDqqPC0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350"> </embed> </object>

2) Effie's 2nd Run with me in the car... RX8 Manual.. De-catted, FEED exhaust system

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/bRQKttNjugs"> </param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/bRQKttNjugs" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350"> </embed> </object>

3) Effie's 3rd run with me in the car.... try to notice the car that was loud coming at the end of the clip... YES it's M3... CSL... effie eats the rest of the car for supper... while the M3 eats effie's RX8 for breakfast...

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/UsI8jZybUZQ"> </param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/UsI8jZybUZQ" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350"> </embed> </object>

4) the Klemann Mercedes 5.5L, V8, kompressor, sounds like a big factory running on the track. but the speed was AMAZING.... it's AMAZINGLY LOUD...

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Xq_kMOw9tgQ"> </param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Xq_kMOw9tgQ" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350"> </embed> </object>

there are things that i didn't managed to take due to my SD card is full...
- Effie is a really experienced, amazing driver, daring and full of control...
- RX8 are REALLY amazing on handling... the car handles like GOD... effie drifted the last 2 lap before going in.. and the car is sooooo controllable...
- i believe for those who got really cash loaded.... get RX8.. the manual one... but you'll feel ashamed when you go on the road especially straights... but if you were to be as brave as Effie, you'll eat RX7 for lunch on track events....this comment is coming from a FD owner like me....

i'll post some photo later... seems like posting video is more convenient that photos... they are more expressive...

Last edited:

effie

Known Member
Aug 17, 2004
Shah Alam
www.rx8clubmalaysia.com
Alchemist Lim......thx for posting those Vids.....awesome job bro.....

jaii....... tak kembang larrr..... i got owned by an M3 CSL no less, well..... if u gotta go down, best that one goes down in style.....

beautle

Known Member
May 26, 2006
Kuala Lumpur
effie.. i think i saw ur car just now.. at SG motors.. very nice la ur car.. hehe.. im in the white beetle.. im planning to get a new car.. rx8 is 1 of my top rated.. hehe..

effie

Known Member
Aug 17, 2004
Shah Alam
www.rx8clubmalaysia.com
effie.. i think i saw ur car just now.. at SG motors.. very nice la ur car.. hehe.. im in the white beetle.. im planning to get a new car.. rx8 is 1 of my top rated.. hehe..
Hehehe......yup, that was my car @ SG Motors this afternoon...... I saw u and ur GF comming in that White Beetle....... I was checking out the BMW Z4 3.0.....Silver 1 that u parked in front off....hahaha..... i'm the dude in the White cap...... Seriously considering getting it..... Still keeping my Rx8 though.

Yeah......u should buy an Rx8..... I highly reccomend it..... In fact, id welcome u personally to the Rx8 Owners club (Rx8ClubMalaysia.com) if u get urself 1.....:burnout: :burnout: :burnout:

Alchemis

1,000 RPM
Dec 13, 2005
yeah... the proton running damn rich when downshifting...
but then.... effie was suspecting it was turbo charged... or else how come it can run away from our brother effie....

like effie said.. get a RX8... and i said... get a RX8 if u don't want to get down with huge pile of issues coming from RX7...

effie

Known Member
Aug 17, 2004
Shah Alam
www.rx8clubmalaysia.com
That GTi is Turbocharged..... I checked out the engine frm the pits...... That car is pretty fast along the straights.....If not mistaken, he's running a EVO 3 engine.....

beautle

Known Member
May 26, 2006
Kuala Lumpur
Hehehe......yup, that was my car @ SG Motors this afternoon...... I saw u and ur GF comming in that White Beetle....... I was checking out the BMW Z4 3.0.....Silver 1 that u parked in front off....hahaha..... i'm the dude in the White cap...... Seriously considering getting it..... Still keeping my Rx8 though.

Yeah......u should buy an Rx8..... I highly reccomend it..... In fact, id welcome u personally to the Rx8 Owners club (Rx8ClubMalaysia.com) if u get urself 1.....:burnout: :burnout: :burnout:
owh rx8 club msia.. ive checked out the website already.. erm if im not mistaken, 1 of ur member stays at my condo (palm spring) white colour rx8 with a lot of rx8 club sticker.. n my uncle also a rx8 club msia member.. his name is raja firdaus.. u know him? hehe..

phat7

2,000 RPM
May 21, 2004
effie - well done mate. there's the video of the m3 on here as well. check out the front page.

alchemis- the rx7 is perfectly balanced and couple that with a good driver i think the 8 wont have much of a chance speaking from my personal encounters with other 8's on the sepang track. Sepang is trully a high speed track and the 7's should shine here. Most of the 7 driver's on the track are hardly pushing it maybe too sayang the car kot. the trick is to have the 7 balanced and mantained well and not worrying bout blowing the engine byt instead to attack the corners consistently to establish the fastest line out.

so i disagree that people should ditch the 7 and get an 8 because its better. The car is only as good as the owner takes care of it, 7 or 8.

phat7

2,000 RPM
May 21, 2004
effie - if you get the z4 i want a drive. one of the instructors had a red z4 but no time to go out. the m should be killer. any in malaysia?

effie

Known Member
Aug 17, 2004
Shah Alam
www.rx8clubmalaysia.com
Dev......If i get a Z4 id surely let u have a go at it.......

BTW, which "PRICK" instructor got into an argument with my bro...... Heard he "pushed" my not so lil bro after my bro voiced said instructors shortcommings and arrogance......
That idiot is lucky i only found out bout that insident when i got home........

From what i heard, he (like a fool) said that just coz he's an instructor, he has the right/ is supposed to be ahead of anybody on track even if he's driving like a complete dickhead..........

Actually, i have found out that some of ur "instructors" have SEVERE attitude problems....... came across 1 argumentative "instructor" during the July HPC..... now i hear bout an ASSHOLE during this particular 1...... In Group 3 summore..... Like WTF !!!!

Dunno much bout the details of the argument between that instructor..... don't really wanna get into it.....BUT...... frm what i hear he's around 30-40'ish and he sort of shoved my bro's shoulder....... Which has somewhat pissed me off.......

effie

Known Member
Aug 17, 2004
Shah Alam
www.rx8clubmalaysia.com
owh rx8 club msia.. ive checked out the website already.. erm if im not mistaken, 1 of ur member stays at my condo (palm spring) white colour rx8 with a lot of rx8 club sticker.. n my uncle also a rx8 club msia member.. his name is raja firdaus.. u know him? hehe..

Hahaha....yea, i never personally met Raja Firdaus yet but ive seen his 8..... Very nice AutoBahn kitted 8........

Btw.... this is an all new Rx8clubMalaysia with mostly new members......we even have our very own website now..... That dude that stays @ ur condo is the Chief Moderator/ Website host...... Oh yea, his screen name is "jax" aka Jack

Alchemis

1,000 RPM
Dec 13, 2005
never ditch a 7..... get both.. if budget allow :)
i liked both the 7 and 8...
like dev said.. only people who took care of the car will benefit it well..

i haven't track my car yet after i did some major fixes on the handling portion including larger patch tyre and also rebuilt suspension.... so... my previous experience was on a tiny tyre and not so good condition suspension... thus gives me an experience of not so stable...

my next round will be going down for sure... fine tune my suspension balance... and also my engine tuning..... and my stupid tyre balancing where the weights fall off already...

phat7

2,000 RPM
May 21, 2004
Dev......If i get a Z4 id surely let u have a go at it.......

BTW, which "PRICK" instructor got into an argument with my bro...... Heard he "pushed" my not so lil bro after my bro voiced said instructors shortcommings and arrogance......
That idiot is lucky i only found out bout that insident when i got home........

From what i heard, he (like a fool) said that just coz he's an instructor, he has the right/ is supposed to be ahead of anybody on track even if he's driving like a complete dickhead..........

Actually, i have found out that some of ur "instructors" have SEVERE attitude problems....... came across 1 argumentative "instructor" during the July HPC..... now i hear bout an ASSHOLE during this particular 1...... In Group 3 summore..... Like WTF !!!!

Dunno much bout the details of the argument between that instructor..... don't really wanna get into it.....BUT...... frm what i hear he's around 30-40'ish and he sort of shoved my bro's shoulder....... Which has somewhat pissed me off.......

Effie- Thanks for the feedback mate. I only got to know bout this yesterday during the post mortem discussion. Should have called me immediately lerr. Anyways the matter has been resolved as the person has apologised. I think this was in the "heat of the moment" thing that got out of hand. Again please convey my apologies as well to your bro for the untoward incident.

phat7

2,000 RPM
May 21, 2004
BMW Glenmarie brought in 2 units of the infamous Z4M Coupe..... As a matter of fact, there is still 1 unit left @ thier showroom......
well bro my better half says there only be 1 2 door car in the house so i like the better. next year waiting for the new e class merc or not a larger cc class, getting old lerr need more legroom.LOL

beautle

Known Member
May 26, 2006
Kuala Lumpur
Hahaha....yea, i never personally met Raja Firdaus yet but ive seen his 8..... Very nice AutoBahn kitted 8........

Btw.... this is an all new Rx8clubMalaysia with mostly new members......we even have our very own website now..... That dude that stays @ ur condo is the Chief Moderator/ Website host...... Oh yea, his screen name is "jax" aka Jack
owh he's the chief moderator.. hehe.. erm.. actually last friday i went to dataran prima.. n saw a bunch of rx8 members n jsoc members as well.. u guys always TT there is it..?? i mean every friday night.. :burnout: hehe..

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

I have purchased three of these systems and they are all not working right in winter. They all worked fine this summer, but now that the temperature is down to 10F two of the systems are not starting. They try to start, then the alarm goes off-display on remote shows hood pin. Also all three are not auto locking when driving and unlocking after parking anymore. They used to.

Several other people have the exact same problem. if you search radiostar or carvox you will see many complaints of...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience