Conrod Difference

contreasjun27

Oct 21, 2004
subang
whats the difference between GSR conrods and CA18 conrods?
ppl been asking me why not change it to CA18 conrods...
but i duno whats the difference...
and whats car(engine) is CA18 conrods from..
any sifu here mind enlighten me?

another question is what does conrods really do?

paranoid_android

Jul 27, 2009
I believe CA18 conrod is much thicker and stronger from gsr conrod.. it can stand hihg boost applications..but dont know how reliable it is.. CA18 is from Nissan CA18det engine, from old model 180sx if not mistaken..

but if want more reliable, use forged conrod and piston..

zarique

Jan 2, 2005
totally agree with paranoid...
wanna mod, make sure u have the best parts installed or u will regret later for trying to save some bucks now but later on u will have to throw a lot more...

contreasjun27

Oct 21, 2004
subang
I believe CA18 conrod is much thicker and stronger from gsr conrod.. it can stand hihg boost applications..but dont know how reliable it is.. CA18 is from Nissan CA18det engine, from old model 180sx if not mistaken..

but if want more reliable, use forged conrod and piston..
thanx for the information..
so means that CA18 conrods will only make ur engine to withstand a stronger boost thats all?

forged conrod and piston is expensive..nonetheless the performance will nvr regret lah

paranoid_android

Jul 27, 2009
totally agree with paranoid...
wanna mod, make sure u have the best parts installed or u will regret later for trying to save some bucks now but later on u will have to throw a lot more...
yeah correct, better invest for true performance part, no more rojak2 malaysian style, but most important thing how u put them together and tune to the max.. some of rojak2 car very fast also:rofl: but the issues is how reliable and how long it gonna last..

remember, forged internal also can kebaboom if u dont do it properly :banghead:

ehdrian

I Don't Care!
Dec 14, 2006
thanx for the information..
so means that CA18 conrods will only make ur engine to withstand a stronger boost thats all?

forged conrod and piston is expensive..nonetheless the performance will nvr regret lah
yalor, forged conrods and pistons cost rm4k++ :banghead:

Guys & Gals,
Please be careful....there are people watching you. What happen was my girlfriend & my cousin just finish working out at True Fitness in USJ Taipan. They were walking back to my gf's car that was parked opposite True Fitness next to the telekom and as they were getting into the car they noticed one man hanging around that area where she parked so like anyone just start the car and drive la.....but something feel weird. According to my gf the car feel heavy so she went down to...