Compatible turbochargers

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

chubster

Known Member
Aug 14, 2012
New Zealand
Hi bros can anyone tell me what will fit? Would an evo 4 manifold, turbo and dp bolt it? What models can/cant

chubster

Known Member
Aug 14, 2012
New Zealand
evo 4 to 9 is compatible wif treks
so a evo 4 turbo, manifold and downpipe will just bolt up? oil and water lines still match up? or will i need the ones from the evo 4 turbo?

i have a really nice t3 manifold, turbo and downpipe sitting in the garage, i did test fit last night and its a no go, bit bummed really but a guy in my hometown has a evo 4 setup going cheap.

AvanT

Custom fabricator & CNC machining
Mar 20, 2009
so a evo 4 turbo, manifold and downpipe will just bolt up? oil and water lines still match up? or will i need the ones from the evo 4 turbo?

i have a really nice t3 manifold, turbo and downpipe sitting in the garage, i did test fit last night and its a no go, bit bummed really but a guy in my hometown has a evo 4 setup going cheap.
No go? what seem to be the problem with your T3 setup Chubster?
I would try to make it work since U've already got all the major hardware, unless it's a serious compatible or mounting issue. Let me know, see if I can help :)

---------- Post added at 10:22 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 10:17 AM ----------

If not mistaken, the original oil & water lines can be used, but the fittings on TD05 turbo are bigger. Your best bet is to get the Evo 4 turbo with all the fluid lines & fittings attached.

chubster

Known Member
Aug 14, 2012
New Zealand
No go? what seem to be the problem with your T3 setup Chubster?
I would try to make it work since U've already got all the major hardware, unless it's a serious compatible or mounting issue. Let me know, see if I can help :)

---------- Post added at 10:22 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 10:17 AM ----------

If not mistaken, the original oil & water lines can be used, but the fittings on TD05 turbo are bigger. Your best bet is to get the Evo 4 turbo with all the fluid lines & fittings attached.
thanks avant. yea no go, cant be bothered with the hassel. the t3 turbo sits quite low so a custom intake pipe will be needed, 1 stud hole on the manifold is about 1mm off, so would require some machining, 3" downpipe is just a tad to large and hits the starter motor bracket. because of that the pipe wont sit up high enough. so that would require a custom job there aswell. and im not sure but it looks like the flange is offset by about 30deg to the tubo so the bolts dont line up.

ill be able to sell it for what i got it for so not a major there. i had suspiscions so thats why i did a test fit this weekend. im glad i did really

chubster

Known Member
Aug 14, 2012
New Zealand
is ur t3 maniold custom made?
suposidly made for a evo 7,8,9. the auto box dosent help, its right there in front of the turbo outlet.

i brought it as a whole set.

AvanT

Mar 20, 2009
thanks avant. yea no go, cant be bothered with the hassel. the t3 turbo sits quite low so a custom intake pipe will be needed, 1 stud hole on the manifold is about 1mm off, so would require some machining, 3" downpipe is just a tad to large and hits the starter motor bracket. because of that the pipe wont sit up high enough. so that would require a custom job there aswell. and im not sure but it looks like the flange is offset by about 30deg to the tubo so the bolts dont line up.

ill be able to sell it for what i got it for so not a major there. i had suspiscions so thats why i did a test fit this weekend. im glad i did really
No worries chubster. Just a small hiccup =)
With the Evo 4 turbo or any other TD05 turbo, U will also need these yea:
-TD05 intake pipe or a reducer, coz the TD05 turbo inlet is larger than your stock TD04's
-TD05 turbo hotside cover / down pipe

carnetics

Nov 27, 2012
New Zealand
Hi sorry had to ask. So if I go out and buy a TD05 turbo from a Evo7-9, all the lines and fittings etc, buy a td05 manifold for a evo 7-9 and also get a turbo downpipe, they will all just bolt straight onto my air trek? No need to remachine any of the holes etc? And then tune of course.

AvanT

Mar 20, 2009
Hi sorry had to ask. So if I go out and buy a TD05 turbo from a Evo7-9, all the lines and fittings etc, buy a td05 manifold for a evo 7-9 and also get a turbo downpipe, they will all just bolt straight onto my air trek? No need to remachine any of the holes etc? And then tune of course.
Hi carnetics,
Yes, the TD05 manifold and TD05 turbo will bolt on. BUT.....U will also need to mod your compressor outlet piping or change to a front mount intercooler, because a TD05 compressor outlet face downwards, unlike your current stock TD04 with top mount intercooler, which has a upward compressor outlet.

stutzedward

3,000 RPM
May 27, 2009
KL
Apart from bolting the turbine, u need supporting mods like fuel system and cooling systems. I hv a Evo 7 td05 waiting for me but now planning for supporting mods.

Yadado

Jan 23, 2005
Visit site
My ATR was mod to TD05 setup by previous owner..

from what i know, my ATR are using WRX STI pink injectors..direct fit..

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi! just want to let all New model camry owner know last two month my friend camry got stolen in the house but very luckly the car find back in good condition. But when found back the car at the back bonet at driver side got found 1 hold about half inch near tail lamp. Camy owner please check your bonet i will upload a picture. At the place got 1 item connet with 3 wire please remove the item to other place because the item is a alarm component when it spoilt alarm will not siren just flash...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience