coming back to Malaysia with my Evo X

hoongss

Known Member
Dec 13, 2003
Kuala Lumpur
I am going back to Malaysia end of the year from USA, and I will be importing my Evo X as well. it will be left hand drive. my car is not stock :) but it is clean from the outside. I have been tuning my car here myself using EvoScan and ECUFlash. I do mostly of my own car work.

is there any weekly evo or Mitsubishi meet in KL??

just wanted to say hi.

Attachments

JayDM

500 RPM
Mar 2, 2006
KL
Hi welcome home ! Saw your car couple of times in evom forums. First thing you want to look at is getting some above-average security system installed, if you don't already have one.

hoongss

Known Member
Dec 13, 2003
Kuala Lumpur
Hi welcome home ! Saw your car couple of times in evom forums. First thing you want to look at is getting some above-average security system installed, if you don't already have one.
this is a tough one. I got the OEM keyless entry and mine got the smartkey. if I installed an aftermarket security system, I would not be able to use the smartkey. looked into this before and I still did not find a way to go around this.

lalu

Known Member
Dec 20, 2008
great to have someone with evoscan here in malaysia finally. how much did u buy the software + cable hoongss? where will u be in kl?

Solty8

Known Member
Nov 14, 2003
Bro, do u plan to convert to RHD ? Or keep it LHD ? Altho it's quite common seeing LHD on road :biggrin:. And btw bout the weekly meet up I believe posting in MLOC means u know where to find the guys that usually meet up at least weekly or even daily.

hoongss

Known Member
Dec 13, 2003
Kuala Lumpur
but would be difficult to sell your evo x later on as its LHD.
not planning to sell it anytime in the future. :biggrin:

great to have someone with evoscan here in malaysia finally. how much did u buy the software + cable hoongss? where will u be in kl?
Software is cheap, around USD$20, which is about RM70. The taxtrix cable is the expensive one, around USD$200, which is RM700. Also my taxtric cable can be used in evox, unless I get the rest of evo adapter, which is only USD$10. I will be at downtown KL area, ampang hilir.

Bro, do u plan to convert to RHD ? Or keep it LHD ? Altho it's quite common seeing LHD on road :biggrin:. And btw bout the weekly meet up I believe posting in MLOC means u know where to find the guys that usually meet up at least weekly or even daily.
Not gonna convert it to LHD. I have no idea about the weekly meet. This is the first time I post in MLOC.

btw, this is the lastest picture of both of my rides

Last edited:

lalu

Known Member
Dec 20, 2008
hoongss, I need to get hold of evoscan and I'd really appreciate if u could get one set for me from the states. I'm not too comfortable buying thru website these days. I pay u of course. Don't bother if it's too much of a hassle.

EVOFans

Known Member
Aug 29, 2006
What mod is done to EVO X?
Any Virtual Dyno or Real Dyno graph to share???

SYeNi69

Known Member
Jun 27, 2006
TTDI KL
might i advise u not to bring it back .. cause driving a LHD car is apain in the ass here in malaysia ... Evo X prices have droppped ... price range here is around 200k ... sell it off there and get a new one here ... :)

my dad did a mistake once bringing back a LHD car ... it was a pain in the ass ... ended up converting to RHD and selling it off ... cause i cant recall anybody who would buy a LHD car here in Malaysia.

currently my whole family is in DC now ... when they come back 3-4 years in the future ... they wont never bring back a LHD again ...

all the best

hoongss

Known Member
Dec 13, 2003
Kuala Lumpur
hoongss, I need to get hold of evoscan and I'd really appreciate if u could get one set for me from the states. I'm not too comfortable buying thru website these days. I pay u of course. Don't bother if it's too much of a hassle.
How you gonna transfer the money to me? paypal?

What mod is done to EVO X?
Any Virtual Dyno or Real Dyno graph to share???
Only virtual dyno. will post it tonight. right now at work.

might i advise u not to bring it back .. cause driving a LHD car is apain in the ass here in malaysia ... Evo X prices have droppped ... price range here is around 200k ... sell it off there and get a new one here ... :)

my dad did a mistake once bringing back a LHD car ... it was a pain in the ass ... ended up converting to RHD and selling it off ... cause i cant recall anybody who would buy a LHD car here in Malaysia.

currently my whole family is in DC now ... when they come back 3-4 years in the future ... they wont never bring back a LHD again ...

all the best
i am not selling the car in the future. this is more than just a car to me. it is also my first car that i bought for myself with my self-earned money! lots of memories. been to track with this, drove it for road trips, car show, etc. plus, my fiancee love this car! money cant buy memories..

azlan87

Known Member
Sep 7, 2005
kajang,pj
keep the car bro... i understand what you mean... i will never forget the first car i bought with my own hard-earned money...

my only advice to you (if you are working around KL City Centre) is to get yourself a bike like the one you have now... ride the bike to work and use the Evo for weekend drives... from experiences of the people around me, it's really difficult to drive LHD here... even if you get used to it, there are many 'Rempits' here that might cause your car harm...

hoongss

Known Member
Dec 13, 2003
Kuala Lumpur
keep the car bro... i understand what you mean... i will never forget the first car i bought with my own hard-earned money...

my only advice to you (if you are working around KL City Centre) is to get yourself a bike like the one you have now... ride the bike to work and use the Evo for weekend drives... from experiences of the people around me, it's really difficult to drive LHD here... even if you get used to it, there are many 'Rempits' here that might cause your car harm...
I plan to get a second car to drive in Malaysia. And my evo will only be my weekend car or track car.

dont forget buy smart tag to go thru the many tolls we have in Malaysia.
Already got smart tag :) now maybe consider getting an extension hand so that I can get parking ticket if needed in the mall. Lol

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Would appreciate if somebody could pass me a contact no of the person who makes these PCD spacers. Preffably machined from alloy.
Thanx in advance....

Evil
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience