Cheap fuel pressure regulator. Any good?

k0pi

Known Member
Jun 19, 2011
Kota Bharu
Hi guys...

There are a lot of aftermarket fuel pressure regulators out there in the market. I have seen Works FPR on sale for rm250 in mudah last time. Then there are Tomei and Sard FPR for rm150 which is clearly imitation.

Just want to ask:

1. Is there any benefits in changing to an aftermarket FPR (those with a dial) compared to the stock FPR?

2. Is there any harm/risk/ disadvantages of using an imitation (such as Tomei)?

Thank you..
1. YES. You can rely on brand like Works E. I've been using one, the stage2 since 2011, still works well even I've upped my fuel pump to higher pressure Merc's fuel pump... good setting to the fuel pressure can obtain some hp & torque. But it's best to know first how much psi the factory regulator works at idle 1000rpm, mid rpm, and moments before rpm cut.

2. YES. They don't last... and if they bust... they bust with flying petrol. The chaplang Tomei one... that's the reason I changed to Works.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

It was an action-packed day at Round 4 of the 2016 Lamborghini Blancpain Super Trofeo Asia series. The race set-off last Sunday with temperature in the low 90s (Fahrenheit) and typical sunny skies.

Held in Malaysia's world famous F1 circuit, the two-race format saw competitive action performed by all teams and drivers, but it was a double-win for local driver Afiq Yazid and...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience