CEL Light

carnetics

Nov 27, 2012
New Zealand
Hey guys sorry another question.

My CEL came on a few months back. Went to get it scanned, it came up P0170 Fuel Trim (Bank 1).

The guy erased the code. Was just wondering since my fuel economy is not the best.

Should I replace my O2 sensor? Apologies if I sound stupid but how many O2 sensors are there? Should I clean my air flow meter as well?

Also, this is the O2 sensor that I'm thinking of getting.
OXYGEN SENSOR BOSCH UNIVERSAL [SAVE FUEL,SAVE CASH | Trade Me

How many wires on the sensor? I was told 2 but cannot confirm.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Hey guys sorry another question.

My CEL came on a few months back. Went to get it scanned, it came up P0170 Fuel Trim (Bank 1).

The guy erased the code. Was just wondering since my fuel economy is not the best.

Should I replace my O2 sensor? Apologies if I sound stupid but how many O2 sensors are there? Should I clean my air flow meter as well?

Also, this is the O2 sensor that I'm thinking of getting.
OXYGEN SENSOR BOSCH UNIVERSAL [SAVE FUEL,SAVE CASH | Trade Me

Replacing the O2 sensor after roughly 100,000km is a good idea. But Fuel Trim P0170 doesn't sound like it's O2 related. No harm changing it if it's due though.

What car do you drive? Have you changed your fuel filter later?

ckwanloong

Known Member
Feb 22, 2009
I was facing this issue, I increase my fuel pressure then problem solved. Check ur fuel pump and fuel filter too, sometimes maybe injector spray pattern not accurate. Hope this help.

stamen

Known Member
Jul 20, 2012
Wellington, NZ

carnetics

Nov 27, 2012
New Zealand
I was facing this issue, I increase my fuel pressure then problem solved. Check ur fuel pump and fuel filter too, sometimes maybe injector spray pattern not accurate. Hope this help.
How did you increase pressure? Yah i need to get a new pump and filter.

---------- Post added at 03:41 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 03:39 PM ----------

Whats a full open loop?

stamen

Known Member
Jul 20, 2012
Wellington, NZ
in short, in open loop, the ecu ignores the o2 input.

unmolested ecu starts with closed loop and when certain thresholds (typically load or throttle) are met, it switches to open loop.
those thresholds can be adjusted, which also means we can run full time open loop.

there are reasons to run closed and open loop, pros and cons as well.

ckwanloong

Known Member
Feb 22, 2009
Use a adjustable fuel regulator to increase fuel pressure.if I were not wrong, our stock fuel pressure is abt 2.6-2.8 , slightly increase like to 3 and see how.

carnetics

Nov 27, 2012
New Zealand
Yeah I might try the fuel pressure regulator. Going to do a TD05 conversion, so will do everything at the same time.

chubster

Known Member
Aug 14, 2012
New Zealand
Dont bother with the fpr. I dont run an aftermarket one and all is well here.

Yadado

Jan 23, 2005
Visit site

Hi, our airtrek come with only 1 O2 sensor, ie, before the Cat convertor..

The O2 sensor error code should be P0130 - 02 Sensor Circuit Malfunction (Bank I Sensor 1).
OBD-II Trouble Code: P0130 02 Sensor Circuit Malfunction (Bank I Sensor 1)

I got that error code awhile back and change the sensor using this --> Mitsubishi Airtrek 2.0L O2 Sensor - MAGNUM BOSCH Oxygen Sensor Universal Wiring Vehicle Specific which is still way cheaper than original sensor for our airtrek..
Take note you need to retain your original O2 sensor as the universal one needs the original O2 wire connector to be cut and "join" together..

Btw, its 4 wire..

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi guys,

I'm driving evo 3, using exedy standard clutch and plate, my clutch seems to be giving way now , more slippage, thinking of changing just the clutch to exedy 4puck/3puck racing clutch , and use back the my current clutch plate, as its just 6monthz old, is it ok if I just change the clutch?..tq
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience