castrol magnatec causes con rod bearing damage?

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search
my friend also have same problem.
his engine's lift was jammed using the castrol magnetec.
then he change to Q8.
so far ok.
then try used back castrol magnetec and have the same problem.

Been using magnatec for 4years+ no problem. Bought at tesco. I think is the packing, the ori botol sticker can be peel off, under it is more info n stuff.

ive been using magnatec too bought from tesco...experienced loud tappet noise after 3k kms mileage.....
time to change oil .

too many fake engine oil on the market nowadays..workshop can even make money by selling the empty engine oil bottles.

ive been used castrol magnatec since 2006.
sr20det FF
so far no problem...

but if someone know how to identify the fake magnetec
please let us know.

My personal experience is by seeing the cap of the container...

When you open it, it must have the plastic breaking sound 'cleak'

Then you see the aluminium foil cover on the lid.

The ori ones are 100% sealed with sticker all round...

The non ori ones you will find the aluminium sticker slightly opened on the side.

They siphone out the ori oil with the small gap, and then mix it with cheaper oil..

Probably 80% imi and 20 ori ratio.

So whenever the aluminium sticker is not 100% sealed, reject that tong of oil....

ive been using magnatec too bought from tesco...experienced loud tappet noise after 3k kms mileage.....
time to change oil .

i think V6 engine not compatible with magnetec. i had a same problem too.
after i using sumo R3, Q8, and torco, my engine run so smooth :biggrin:

they are using diesel as ciplak oil, not used oil. used oil also can tahan lagi woo

I think this is just a rumour or human nature to blame things when shit happens?

I think this is just a rumour or human nature to blame things when shit happens?

Nope, there are many fake oil. Enforcement have caught and posted in Media also.
Most of them are famous brands (Of course, if not how to sell) and Magnetec is one of them...:banghead:

Nope, there are many fake oil. Enforcement have caught and posted in Media also.
Most of them are famous brands (Of course, if not how to sell) and Magnetec is one of them...:banghead:

So they are using the Castrol Bottles to put in recycle oils? Cuz I think if it is ori it wont cause
damages right?

So they are using the Castrol Bottles to put in recycle oils? Cuz I think if it is ori it wont cause
damages right?

Yup, problem could be they just filter the used oil clean and repack. That is why i mention even cheap brand oil can use but not imitation.
One spare part shop I went to mentioned they don't sell the Mobil 1 Gold because many imitation...:banghead:

Yup, problem could be they just filter the used oil clean and repack. That is why i mention even cheap brand oil can use but not imitation.
One spare part shop I went to mentioned they don't sell the Mobil 1 Gold because many imitation...:banghead:

Wah, Mobil 1 Gold really daylight robbery if imitation :stoned:
So the only way to avoid is get from petrol stations or TESCO Hypermarkets.

damages right?

This is debatable. Based on how Magnatec claims to work ("Clings onto your metal parts to help lubricate"), it's debatable whether the properties of the oil when exposed to certain conditions might result in unfavorable situations. Kinda like how a car can get their oil sump clogged with gunk left behind by engine additives.

Wah, Mobil 1 Gold really daylight robbery if imitation :stoned:
So the only way to avoid is get from petrol stations or TESCO Hypermarkets.

Or from people who actually work at the company and is having a employee sale. :biggrin:

This is debatable. Based on how Magnatec claims to work ("Clings onto your metal parts to help lubricate"), it's debatable whether the properties of the oil when exposed to certain conditions might result in unfavorable situations. Kinda like how a car can get their oil sump clogged with gunk left behind by engine additives.

Or from people who actually work at the company and is having a employee sale. :biggrin:

Yup, just that it will be original but not much cheaper. My brother used to work for Exxon and minimum purchase is by cartons....:banghead:

Yup, just that it will be original but not much cheaper. My brother used to work for Exxon and minimum purchase is by cartons....:banghead:

can open group buy :itsme:

Top Bottom