Carbon Fibre; How to Hide it?

mADmAN

Aug 5, 2004
So the area where the light can shine through is fiberglass correct as per your photo? Seems can see some light in the photo
no man... this is pure CF... layers and layers and layers of CF... no fiberglass whatsoever.

its the cheapo ones that has fiberglass... its basically a fiberglass hood with a layer of CF and they call it "CF hood"

but...but.... but... there are some branded ones out there that also uses fiberglass as a base and a layer of CF... build quality is usually better than the cheapo ones.

and those with fiberglass... no light can shine thru

Swifterific

Known Member
Jan 21, 2014
Kuala Lumpur
Thanks for the advice guys! Will consider the plastidip. But its so so sad that i have to hide the beautiful CF. My car is black tho. So maybe the CF can camouflage with the car. Jpj officers like to wear sunglasses meh. Cant see the cf punya. Lol :biggrin:

Any of you sifus rocking CF parts? Any tales of meeting with the enforcement?

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Kopi-ko power can make illegal CF hood becoming legal....:biggrin:
How many times u willing to pay la? LOL!

Thanks for the advice guys! Will consider the plastidip. But its so so sad that i have to hide the beautiful CF. My car is black tho. So maybe the CF can camouflage with the car. Jpj officers like to wear sunglasses meh. Cant see the cf punya. Lol :biggrin:

Any of you sifus rocking CF parts? Any tales of meeting with the enforcement?
Haih bro, even if it is legal, u would have worries whether your car became a thief magnet. I have a friend driving 3 series, he bought time front and rear already replaced with carbon fibre ones by previous owner. But his is painted. I didn't know until he said it is carbon since is painted.

Self enjoy will do la. Unless u have more than one parts is carbon then is worth showing geh LOL!

stupidcar

5,000 RPM
Mar 18, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
I'm also looking around for real ones. Also wanted to know the price once found. In ebay, is just too costly to import it over from the US.

Some shops a friend say there is one in Sunway custom make carbon fibre parts. Quality I'm not sure. Seems based on material and quality.
Bro. Real ones gonna cost more than your mira.

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008

Swifterific

Known Member
Jan 21, 2014
Kuala Lumpur
How many times u willing to pay la? LOL!

Haih bro, even if it is legal, u would have worries whether your car became a thief magnet. I have a friend driving 3 series, he bought time front and rear already replaced with carbon fibre ones by previous owner. But his is painted. I didn't know until he said it is carbon since is painted.

Self enjoy will do la. Unless u have more than one parts is carbon then is worth showing geh LOL!
I'm planning on getting the hood, fender and bonnet CF. i'll leave the bonnet unpainted, but the rest i will have to unfortunately paint over. reverse parking everywhere la to hide the bonnet cf :biggrin: CF parts are so sexy tho. esp the fenders. gahhhhhhh

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
I've read before over here that the reason why carbon fibre hood is illegal is because in an event of an accident, carbon fibre hoods will not crumple like normal hoods do. Instead they will shatter and the splinters of the carbon fibre might impale the driver. Correct me if I am wrong.

stupidcar

5,000 RPM
Mar 18, 2013
Kuala Lumpur

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
I'm planning on getting the hood, fender and bonnet CF. i'll leave the bonnet unpainted, but the rest i will have to unfortunately paint over. reverse parking everywhere la to hide the bonnet cf :biggrin: CF parts are so sexy tho. esp the fenders. gahhhhhhh
I ain't even joking brah. Dry carbon is a lot a lot more than wet carbon. Because of the dry carbon process.

PRODUCTS

Seibon VSII-DRY Style Dry Carbon Fiber Hoods HD0205NS350-VSII-DRY | STILLEN

I saw Mine's one is 20k for R35 dry carbon hood.
For sure more expensive for R35. R35 and Corolla, car price already differ a lot...

This is the one for corolla, but i checked, seems doesn't fit 2002 corolla. Even though 2001 was the same model as mine. 2001 below is not the same.

$595

Saw another one but that one is Carbon (FRP) $497

Last edited:

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
hes not joking bro....

take this J's Racing GT Wing for EG6 for example....

J's Racing 3D GT Wing Wet Carbon 1350mm Civic EG6 SiR Hatchback DGW1-H3

USD1.7K.... which converts to about RM5.5k... not including shipping to malaysia yet.... more expensive than ur kancil... hahahahahaha
Wet carbon also so costly? :stoned: Now that's a reason of why is thief magnet.

What about this one? It stated Grade A Carbon fibre from Carbon Creations. Cost $479.20

Client Validation

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
if so interest wanted to use CF, then do it lor, esp. money is no object.
If scare-scare CF kena curi or worry JPJ, then better don't do it lor.

Knowing that car theft in Malaysia is so geng and rampant these day.
But after CF kena curi don't pulak regret, because cry oso no tears liow at that time.

Eat saltfish, therefore must endure the thirst, as the saying goes...:biggrin:

stupidcar

5,000 RPM
Mar 18, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
Wet carbon also so costly? :stoned: Now that's a reason of why is thief magnet.

What about this one? It stated Grade A Carbon fibre from Carbon Creations. Cost $479.20

Client Validation
Told you lah.
For most performance cars like Evo, wet carbon is almost the same weight, if not, heavier than their aluminium body parts. SO people buy for looks.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
WHen I had my Wira I liked Evo fellas who changed to CF parts. THat meant the lightweight alu parts are for saaaaaaaaaaaaaleeee...

SupraFan : woi. CF on your Kancil for what la? The last thing you need is to make your car lighter than normal. You want CF I stick CF sticker for you then laquer it. :biggrin:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Dear fellows,
i'm looking for waja 4g18 manual gearbox to swap with my auto gearbox(superb condition year 2005)...

preferable swap together with the waja 05 red n black meter panel...

price--pay for own labour....

Location--Klang Valley

anyone interested do pm me or give me a call..016-6819771
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience