carbon fibre hood..

k3nny

Known Member
Oct 10, 2004
FRP and CFRP hoods that we see on the cars are essentially the same thing albeit the carbon fibre.

Most bonnets are made with fibre or PU and then one layer of carbon fibre over the top. Reduces cost.. Who cares anyways? The weight difference between the two is barely discernible.

Does anyone really ever buy CF bonnet for the performance improvements anymore these days?

I didnt..

MizuChi

Known Member
Apr 17, 2004
Japan
Visit site
Depends really.. what do you use the car for? Is it a drag car? Is it a drift car? or even a track car? In most cases, reducing the weight of the car can give you noticable performance gains, handling is one of the main gains people will see when switching to (C)FRP bonnets.

I really don't see the need for it if you're the kind of person who uses the car to go to the pasar every weekend. Plus, I have heard about someone who got their CF bonnet stolen from the car, and it was parked in their own yard (does make one wonder if the bloke has an alarm system installed.) Too many itchy hands.

Stay away from having 3-4 gauges on the dashboard. Buy small digital ones instead, so you can hid it when you decide to park in a dark alley :P