Car Swerves When Accelerates

tuileihai

Mar 31, 2015
Kuala Lumpur
As I have mentioned before getting my car wheels balanced and aligned, my car would slowly steered towards the left side. After having it done, the steering wheel felt lighter. When I revved up my car, suddenly I could feel the car swaying slightly left and right momentarily. And I felt no control over the steering wheel. It was scary.

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
TS, EXACTLY what was done during allignment service?

I am beginning to think your car behaving like a pushing a shopping trolley with a busted castor wheels....

synail

Known Member
May 13, 2004
Visit site
Got the same prob few months ago just after alignment+balancing...in my case after adjusting the front toe the 'loose/light' feels noticeably less

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
Normal after the alignment service, the mechanic would test drive the car before handing over to the car owner, for this case, didn't the mechanic notice the pulling? or he purposely "make donno" of the incident?? I wonder.....

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
I doubt it's the power steering rack since that would be apparent all of the time not just acceleration.It's more likely to be a suspension bush somewhere - lower arm or something.

Incorrect castor would be unlikely too unless that shops skill is really that bad.

Best to seek a 2nd opinion at another shop

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
I would agree with Izso. As TS said, the problem happens only when the car goes into acceleration, meaning that likely the (loose or worn) bushes/joint are compressed/squashed out-of-shape to the max, thus the difficulty of handling.

tuileihai

Mar 31, 2015
Kuala Lumpur
The foreman did not mentioned about it. I realized the problem when I accelerated the car. I have yet to get back to the shop and highlight the problem.

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
I doubt it's the power steering rack since that would be apparent all of the time not just acceleration.It's more likely to be a suspension bush somewhere - lower arm or something.

Incorrect castor would be unlikely too unless that shops skill is really that bad.

Best to seek a 2nd opinion at another shop
Most castor angle cannot be adjusted, so I don't think they did anything to it either....
Really need to be checked....

tuileihai

Mar 31, 2015
Kuala Lumpur
I went to my car mechanic to have it fixed. He changed the two hardened worn-out suspension mountings and two long screws with nuts which held up the the two lower arms.

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Did it solve your problem? If yes, mostly probably the lower arm ball joints must be very loose?

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

I know that TiTan Performance has ride height adjustable(Hi-Lo kits) . Do you
guy have struts with the Soft-hard function also ? If so how much extra will
it add to the Hi-Lo kit ?

Thanks for your time .
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience