Car Security System

devil98

Jan 10, 2008
after i read many post, i still cant decided what security system need to be install in my car, targeting now
1. cobra (can pay installment :P)
2. captor
3. clliford (duno where can get it in KL/Selangor).

to me it seems that all these 3 system are same, tracking, alarm, cut off engine etc. i know all these system can cost up to RM2.5k but as long as can protect my car it think its reasonble. can some one give me some advise ??

spec.check

Known Member
Feb 7, 2005
Visit site
as long as the system you get, meet all you needs.

Expensive systems may not necessarily mean they are good.
Good systems may not necessarily be expensive.

cheers,
spec.check.

Last edited:

JINEIL2EN

Over 10,000 RPM!
Sep 6, 2004
Island Of Pearl
team99ers.2.forumer.com
as long as the system you get, meet all you needs.

Expensive systems may not necessarily mean they are good.
Good systems may not necessarily be expensive.

cheers,
spec.check.
agreed that....
even using Clifford, ur car can be break in easily....

devil98

Jan 10, 2008
but then im looking for those GPS tracking, engine cut off etc eg captor, i think the cheapest also around 3k right...

spec.check

Known Member
Feb 7, 2005
Visit site
yup definitely costly, when it comes to GPS and remote engine termination.

You'll need to decide if that's what you need. Usually a simple 2-way alarm with shock sensor would be sufficient.

End of the day, what we really want is that we are informed when our car is broken into. Not when it happened 30 minutes ago or a few hours before.

At least when our car is broken into, we still have that 9-10 minutes to do something; call police or call 10 of your strongest pals to catch these guys alive.

cheers,
spec.check

devil98

Jan 10, 2008
ic, i saw the package like some 1 mentioned above its useful also, but i duno if i install such system+captor it will void the car warranty or not. is that any shop in PJ/damansara realiable, if tat shop selling car alarm+captor much better so tat after see the demo if feel satisfy can ask for discount...

JINEIL2EN

Over 10,000 RPM!
Sep 6, 2004
Island Of Pearl
team99ers.2.forumer.com
most of car moder here not really scare of been hijacking or car stolen... they just scare of been break-in. so, no matter how good is ur GPS or alarm system, as long as been sold in market, some1 will break it...
so, any idea how to prevent or how to "not to been break-in" if can install any kind of devise or system..??

Jac83

Known Member
Apr 29, 2007
most of car moder here not really scare of been hijacking or car stolen... they just scare of been break-in. so, no matter how good is ur GPS or alarm system, as long as been sold in market, some1 will break it...
so, any idea how to prevent or how to "not to been break-in" if can install any kind of devise or system..??
I believe there are no such systems that are unbreakable. Still there's something which u can use to remedy, train a dog:biggrin: but only applicable in the early morning or nite or during rainy days:rofl:

spec.check

Known Member
Feb 7, 2005
Visit site
don't la so cruel, the cold blooded robbers will "kill" those dogs la.

Just get a 2-way alarm that can inform you when your car is broken into...enuff lo.

JINEIL2EN

Over 10,000 RPM!
Sep 6, 2004
Island Of Pearl
team99ers.2.forumer.com
I believe there are no such systems that are unbreakable. Still there's something which u can use to remedy, train a dog:biggrin: but only applicable in the early morning or nite or during rainy days:rofl:
hahahaha...dog is useless la....hire a few Vietnamese more good... atleast they r pro-sol...hahahahaha...:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

trex92

500 RPM
Aug 10, 2004
KL
Visit site
i need help urgently!

I have a unit of Viper 791XV two way alarm system with shock sensor (came ori with alarm), motion sensor (ori purchased separately) and glass break sensor (also purchased separately). Any takers to help me buy over this system? I took it out from my car when it sold it and cant use with my current car due to factory immobiliser. Pls PM me....

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hi everyone

we all know 101 ways of getting more hp out of our cars...

so how bout torque?
how to modify so that we can get more torque??

cause more torque i can save more fuel.. :D
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience