can V3 use v8 engine?

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

touge80

Known Member
Jun 22, 2009
My fren just brought back his impreza version 3 from UK and its engine gave him soo much headache and he is planning to transplant a version 8 engine into it. The problem is he's not sure whether this transplant is possible or not. All sifu, please help my fren as he is planning to do the transplant as soon as possible.

touge80

Known Member
Jun 22, 2009
thanks rajie. i'll try to pm him. anyone who've done this transplant? Care to share?

evo5755

Known Member
Jan 11, 2004
bro try pm evo5755 his mech is a damn good subaru mech ..... and his mech himself use a subaru
My fren just brought back his impreza version 3 from UK and its engine gave him soo much headache and he is planning to transplant a version 8 engine into it. The problem is he's not sure whether this transplant is possible or not. All sifu, please help my fren as he is planning to do the transplant as soon as possible.
Wah rajie....make me sounds like subaru expert?hahaha...actually its a good idea to swap ver 8 engine into it, but can the owner afford the halfcut price and all? its almost like buying a GC8, might as well go and buy a ver8 car? Just GC8 Sti halfcut, ver5 or 6 as it is newer. Older generation Sti creates a lot of problem if not maintained properly. I am not sure if my mech has sold his halfcut, cuz he has a 1/2 cut of limited version GC8 ver5 (oni 500 produced) complete everything from rear axle to body part and engine.

touge80

Known Member
Jun 22, 2009
Actually, this v3 is is his third impreza. His 1st impreza was v4 then he sold it, bought v8 then sold it and finally bought this v3 but unfortunately got sooo much problem. All those cars he bought and sold in UK when he was studying there. He told me he like the nimble of gc8 and the performance of v8 gdb. I think money is not a problem to him(but a problem for me:banghead:). Thats why he turned into this idea:idea:. This is his weekend car, only for hobby. I wish was born with a silver spoon in my mouth too:bawling: