Buzzing / Humming with Sony CDX-GT660US

acbc

4,000 RPM
Jan 9, 2004
KD
Dear All,

I just purchased the above and have installed it in my car yesterday. Everything went well except some humming noise on engine start or accelerating.

I've also installed a pair of ground loop isolators from the pre-amp output but this only reduce the problem a little. There is still some humming noise when listening to classical scores (with plenty of silence).

Anyway to overcome this annoying problem?

BTW, I hook up the HU this way:

Red - to vehicle's ACC +12V
Yellow - to vehicle's battery + terminal
Black - to vehicle's body ground

Some accessory shop told me to connect both Red and Yellow together to battery direct but this will not turn off the HU (sapping battery power).

oldskolboyz

500 RPM
Sep 2, 2005
Kuala Lumpur
U can try add another 1 or 2 ground cable for your HU & connect direct to chasis.. use 10Awg cable cost around <RM1.50 ft (Jln Pasar).... this should help U but not 100% coz the noise could be due to others equipment grounding like Pre-Amp, X/Over & Amp...

acbc

4,000 RPM
Jan 9, 2004
KD
Thanks a lot... I replaced the stock ground wire with a thicker 10AWG one and this cured the problem. No more alternator whine!

Zenn

2,000 RPM
Jul 12, 2005
KL
installation problem, not the HU faulty....