Brake Calipers and Rotors Differences

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

Z_Edition

500 RPM
Aug 11, 2006
Hi Sifus,

Just wondering, are there any differences between the AT and MT Altezza for the Brake Calipers and Rotors?

Also, I want to change my rotors, if possible to those gorgeous slotted/drilled types. Any rcommendations and prices?

green

Known Member
Apr 12, 2005
kl
well, the rotors n calipers r the same.

no difference.

rotors u can either get:

project mu from n1 sunway or ss racing available for front n rear rotors. dun think they have drilled holes only slotted for project mu.

or DBA from pentagon cross drilled n slotted depending on apa type lah.

price for a normal pair of rotors start from rm900 to rm2300 for those with aluminium hats. go have a look at n1. DBA i am not sure. u havto ask lah. but price should be around the same.

Last edited:

Z_Edition

500 RPM
Aug 11, 2006
Thanks for the info, bro. But, I got info from Singapore Altezza Club members saying that both are different. I guess they've got it wrong then.

Anyways, Project µ is very expensive-lah. How about Netz Sports? After changing the rotors do I have to change my brake pads as well?

green

Known Member
Apr 12, 2005
kl
netz? soli but never heard of it. well, as long as it fits nicely u know.

actually ,the first thing u should do is to get good brake pads first. unless ur rotors are warped u can change the rotor. if its working fine, then just get the brake pads lah...cheaper.

for brake pads, depending what temp u wan. if u are a hard brake user like me on the streets...that means cincai also stop like crazy, u need at least 400deg C brake pads.

normal ones will fade after 200deg especially going downhill from genting!!!

brake pads u must invest in a good one lor, price u havta pay lor.

n1 has mintex, project mu, endless. but the sunway area has also plenty of shops. look around.

if u wan trds or toms they ARE xpensive rm500? but they ARE worth it.

i am using trd 0-500deg C(they only have 500deg C) and they bite very well on standard altezza rotors.

just get the good ones for front ones will do, no need to get for the behind brakes.

Last edited:

green

Known Member
Apr 12, 2005
kl
anyone with better alternatives kindly post up also cheers.

personally i like 0-500deg C. used to using TRDs. but 0-400 can also.

i heard tt endless has very good bite as well so maybe try endless next time hahahha

EventH

Oct 13, 2005
Z_Edition said:
Thanks for the info, bro. But, I got info from Singapore Altezza Club members saying that both are different. I guess they've got it wrong then.

Anyways, Project µ is very expensive-lah. How about Netz Sports? After changing the rotors do I have to change my brake pads as well?
No the callipers are different and rotors seems to be of a smaller diameter.
I did a side by side comparison with a RS200 MT and IS200.
The RS200 MT shares the same front callipers and rotors with the Lexus.
When I ordered stock brake pads for the front on my auto, the part numbers
are also different from the manual parts.

The rear are the same though on all of them.

Last edited:

Z_Edition

500 RPM
Aug 11, 2006
OK. Roger. They're different on the fronts. Thanks. I got the info on Netz Sports at www.japanparts.com

Z_Edition

500 RPM
Aug 11, 2006
No. Just the rotors. Check out unser Parts->Altezza.

Z_Edition

500 RPM
Aug 11, 2006

rinagi

500 RPM
Sep 4, 2005
K.L
sooner or later you'll see someone with those. but not from EVO it's from Ferrari. You must join the TT in order to see it. There's a set of EVO brembo waiting for it's new owner in TRIAL. Believe... TRIAL do wonders

Last edited:

EventH

Oct 13, 2005
rinagi said:
sooner or later you'll see someone with those. but not from EVO it's from Ferrari. You must join the TT in order to see it. There's a set of EVO brembo waiting for it's new owner in TRIAL. Believe... TRIAL do wonders
Is it something like this .....

Maziora Kosei Altezza
Lap Time: 1:09.21

Behind the wheel of this Toyota Altezza, tuned by Tom's Spirit, is Takuya Kurosawa. Takuya now competes in Super Taikyu and JGTC's 500GT class; he has experience in Formula Nippon and also had a stint in CART back in 2000. The Altezza, known in the U.S. as the Lexus IS 300, competes in the Super Taikyu N+ class introduced in 1999. What sets the N+ category apart is that key modifications can be made to the vehicles, which include such things as pistons and camshafts. Basically, contestants of this class are allowed to radically alter the powerplant. They can also make changes to the gearbox, therefore the gear ratios are usually altered for racing. Naturally, with all the engine upgrades, the brakes need to be upgraded too. In the front, our Altezza has Brembo cross-drilled and vented discs with 4-piston aluminum calipers originally worn by a stock Ferrari F50, and at the rear, Brembos from the Nissan Skyline GT-R.

Sorry can update what is "TT" and "TRIAL". Thanks.

ARSSS

Known Member
Jul 17, 2006
TT = Tea Talk - it's an event where we all meet chit chat about our rides
TRIAL = another tuning shop visits by Altezza kakis

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Guyz i was hit by a waja grey colour last nite, apparently, a gal got down first, so i got down together, and all of a sudden this guy came with parang and hit me 4 times, i have 3 cuts and 1 punch of my shoulder, i grab him down and he drop his parang with his gun, he also had a black wooden stick, they both drove off leaving me a kesas highway, this happened at the kesas highway at shah alam junction exit heading summit subang, and any have any contact plz do contact at this number...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience