Boooooost limit?

Turborized

Known Member
Jun 10, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Right now I'm boosting @ 0.9 bar, wondering how high can Yrv boost go up to? Scared to pow engine

Is it possible to touch 1.5 bar? Really scared.

kumar22mostwanted

1,500 RPM
Jan 9, 2010
HELL!!!
if ur gonna upboost above 1 bar u should get some sort of management either piggyback or standalone
just playing with a fuel pressure regulator and ignition timing is not enough
safest way to up boost is with a boost controller and management :top:

Turborized

Known Member
Jun 10, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
i got all that, just not the boost controller, im scared if i do get one my hand with " itchy " hahaha.
i just tuned my e-manage last 2 weeks
wastegate 38mm can tahan 1.5bar or not? really want to try before new year.

Accord80

Known Member
Jun 2, 2004
Seattlewangsa
Right now I'm boosting @ 0.9 bar, wondering how high can Yrv boost go up to? Scared to pow engine

Is it possible to touch 1.5 bar? Really scared.
How many hp on 0.9 bar boost bro?? I'm also on planning to up boost my Myvi BOT. For now the boost is 0.5 on 148hp. But in order to do that, I have to upgrade the fuelling system 1st coz mine now is still stock. But from what I know, the highest boost I saw is 1 bar only (should be around 200hp).

kumar22mostwanted

1,500 RPM
Jan 9, 2010
HELL!!!
i got all that, just not the boost controller, im scared if i do get one my hand with " itchy " hahaha.
i just tuned my e-manage last 2 weeks
wastegate 38mm can tahan 1.5bar or not? really want to try before new year.
heheh control urself bro
if not kabooom :banghead: lol

shiroitenshi

3,000 RPM
Apr 18, 2006
Boost limit is relative to engine capacity, for a higher cc engine, boost increase results in a higher increase in cylinder pressure than small cc engine. 1.5 bar on a 2l, means you're pushing almost 1.5 times more the original capacity (not exactly, since turbo efficiency not accounted for, but enough for an idea for what the turbo is doing). That's why kancil doing higher boost is easy compared to bigger cc cars and why higher boost usually requires lower comp pistons to compensate for the increase in cylinder pressures. There is a practical limit to how much pressure the stock sleeves and piston rings can take before cracking/failing. The ring failure more likely to heat than the pressure itself. Which brings up to the next part.

There's the increase in temps since when air is compressed it generates higher heat, which is why the intercooler is bigger on higher boost cars, If someone has done it reliably on the standard block, then it's probably doable, with proper supporting mods like fuel system and intercooler upsize, lower comp pistons and maybe a more powerful ignition system and colder plugs. Can't compare mat salleh turbo boost limits to ours, because they usually have lower ambient temp (colder) compared to in our country.

Or maybe you'd be the first person to discover the boost limits on the stock internals. :P it might be doabie, but unless a few people have boosted reliably at 1.5 bar with the same block, there's no sure thing.

didn't mention gasket since already mentioned.

Last edited:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

In episode #2 of Izso's Mythbusters, I'm going to explore the horror stories of the "Aftermarket steering wheel terror" where the bosskit or steering wheel itself breaks off!

It's not common to hear about these sort of breakages but they do happen and I was curious. And it was cheap. What's even more scary is a lot of people actually do this : buy a aftermarket bosskit, get him/herself an...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience