BMW F30 328i alien Coating @ the detailien HIVE

seech

Known Member
Jan 21, 2007
The owner of this BMW F30 328i Sport wanted to protect his brand-new ride... and decided to send it to the new detailien HIVE to be coated with the detailien alien Coating.

Most brand-new cars have a surprising number of paint issues as the paint could be damaged during the lengthy process after manufacturing, including transport, storage, pre-delivery prep, etc., to being handed over to the new owner.

This particular F30 328i however, was in pristine condition.

However, upon a detailed inspection of the paint under proper lightning conditions, some light scratches were found throughout and corrected before applying the alien Coating.

A detailed picture of one of the scratches found on the hood.

More on the top of the bumper at the boot...

The scratches were corrected with a Makita 9227C with the Optimum MF Compounding Pad and the entire exterior painted surface was polished with the Flex3401VRG and the Optimum MF Polishing Pad for a perfect mirror finish.

Some early Chinese New Year decorations on the boot lid... :-)

Perfect...

Mirror....

As typical in most cars, the B-Pillars are easily swirled and scratched.

The rubber and plastic bits are carefully taped up with specialized clean release masking tape before correction.

Done...

Scratches were also found on the lights...

Done...

Some stains on the headlights...

Done. Nice clarity and shine...

Completed and waiting for the owner to pick up the newly protected ride...

The wheels were also coated to make it easier to clean...

More to come from the detailien HIVE...

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

I know its the hazy season and everyone is staying indoors, but I cant stand to look at my faded rims!
I had lining which used to be RED in colour, now its becoming PINK (thank you sunlight )! Haze or shine, DIY painting day it is!

So I decided to paint my rims to black. Flat Black ( after being poisoned by my cousin ).
Hardware store I went, and got myself 2 Cans of Anchor paint, Flat Black C29 if I'm not mistaken..
Came back, washed the tires and let it dry. Okay, it took soooooooo...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience