best standalone for daily drive

kumar22mostwanted

1,500 RPM
Jan 9, 2010
HELL!!!
i have an evo 3 engine in my putra and i feel like the fuel consumption is pretty bad
my car is a purely daily driven car and never goes to track and probably will never go to track so i have decided to get a standalone ecu to replace my stock ecu in the hope that with proper tuning my fc would improve quite a bit and also i will be able to boost slightly higher to 1 bar
right now my options are microtech lt10s, haltech sprint 500, and haltech platinum 1000
but im not sure which one would be best to suit my needs as a daily driver
my main priority is improving my fc without harming the engine or reducing my hp
in fact im hoping to boost higher in the future when got more money for petrol :biggrin:
all the ems sifu please help a newbie out :adore::adore::adore:

speed2horizon

2,000 RPM
Jun 4, 2006
First of all, u want ur horse to run fast, but u doesn't wanna give sufficient food for ur horse... The horse will get tired and sick and finally fail and die....

Of course, changing to a new management system will allow better fuel consumption. If ur engine is purely stock engine, then emanage will do. It's not reduce the fuel consumption, but it makes better fuel efficiency. in other words, more mileage for the same tank.

Of course, nothing defeats a standalone with good tuning. But considering the cost, it's fairly high for just to improve 10%-15% om the mileage/liter.

Of course, when u gonna boost higher, u need other supportive hardware as well.

And out of ur list of SA,

microtech runs open loop if i'm not mistaken, no o2 feedback to ECU. So, fuel consumption worse.(if my information is wrong, pls correct me other microtech user)

Haltech sprint 500 not bad...

platinum 1000 good of course...

platinum 2000 lagi good....

But as for my personal choice, IF I'm using an E3 engine and a more economy standalone, I would go for E6X.

And Of course again, like said in the beginning, if U ur feet is alway heavy and like to boost all the time, there's no way to save ur fuel...

Just my 2 cents

BTW, haven't ask... what kind of fuel consumption does ur bad fc defines....

Last edited:

93na

500 RPM
Mar 9, 2009
yup standalone is the best when it comes to replace standard ecu but if u keeping the engine to a max standard wit just basic mod! a piggyback will do there lots of brand out thare!!.. but if ur going hardcore looking at 350 to 400hp then i would say go for standalone! is cool to have a standalone in your ride but beats the purpose if u dont max the function! he he he...

happy modding kumar!

kumar22mostwanted

1,500 RPM
Jan 9, 2010
HELL!!!
First of all, u want ur horse to run fast, but u doesn't wanna give sufficient food for ur horse... The horse will get tired and sick and finally fail and die....

Of course, changing to a new management system will allow better fuel consumption. If ur engine is purely stock engine, then emanage will do. It's not reduce the fuel consumption, but it makes better fuel efficiency. in other words, more mileage for the same tank.

Of course, nothing defeats a standalone with good tuning. But considering the cost, it's fairly high for just to improve 10%-15% om the mileage/liter.

Of course, when u gonna boost higher, u need other supportive hardware as well.

And out of ur list of SA,

microtech runs open loop if i'm not mistaken, no o2 feedback to ECU. So, fuel consumption worse.(if my information is wrong, pls correct me other microtech user)

Haltech sprint 500 not bad...

platinum 1000 good of course...

platinum 2000 lagi good....

But as for my personal choice, IF I'm using an E3 engine and a more economy standalone, I would go for E6X.

And Of course again, like said in the beginning, if U ur feet is alway heavy and like to boost all the time, there's no way to save ur fuel...

Just my 2 cents

BTW, haven't ask... what kind of fuel consumption does ur bad fc defines....
like 100 bucks 250 or less km but thats because baru dapat kereta so you know how it is lah :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:
hmm yeap yeap thats what ive read around several websites also that microtech's open loop system is more suitable for those track cars but then again those were all just opinions
but yeah a lot of ppl say haltech is good for a daily drive car and microtech is good for building a beast of an engine under the hood :biggrin:
so you recommend e6x is it bro for my car??
i was leaning towards the platinum series actually :biggrin: but if im gonna get tha gotta wait longer until money fall from the sky heheh

---------- Post added at 08:26 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 08:23 AM ----------

haltech Sprint 500 also good for daily driving if tuned perfectly & also economical on its prices...:biggrin:
hehe true true the prices are like cheaper than e6x in some places

---------- Post added at 08:27 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 08:26 AM ----------

yup standalone is the best when it comes to replace standard ecu but if u keeping the engine to a max standard wit just basic mod! a piggyback will do there lots of brand out thare!!.. but if ur going hardcore looking at 350 to 400hp then i would say go for standalone! is cool to have a standalone in your ride but beats the purpose if u dont max the function! he he he...

happy modding kumar!
for now focus on fc lah coz daily drive then later when got more budget can target 300whp hehehe but by then i wont take for daily drive also lol
standalone would be a good base for modding projects :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

---------- Post added at 08:29 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 08:27 AM ----------

any other opinions or informations based on past experiences out there
all input would be tremendously apppreciated :adore::adore::adore:

khoyos

2,000 RPM
Nov 23, 2003
Shah Alam
for maximum fuel efficiency, u need sequential firing & fuelling tuned by a good tuner. if u integrate wideband o2 reading in closed loop operations, fuel efficiency will be even better.

haltech platinum series is the way to go...

kumar22mostwanted

1,500 RPM
Jan 9, 2010
HELL!!!
for maximum fuel efficiency, u need sequential firing & fuelling tuned by a good tuner. if u integrate wideband o2 reading in closed loop operations, fuel efficiency will be even better.

haltech platinum series is the way to go...
hmmm yeah i thought so too but which platinum would be best for my stock evo 3 with a walbro fuel pump and sard fuel regulator to boost up to 1 bar ??
oh yeah and i would also like to ask this is it preferable to just rechip the ecu instead of spend thousands on a standalone???

rakesh_v6

Mar 31, 2006
KL
hmmm internal parts are still standard and i dont think standalone needed at this stage

kumar22mostwanted

1,500 RPM
Jan 9, 2010
HELL!!!
hmmm internal parts are still standard and i dont think standalone needed at this stage
hmm........ true true thats why i am also considering rechip/remap the stock ecu but im not sure whther that would improve the fuel consumption although i know it will definitely improve performance

khoyos

2,000 RPM
Nov 23, 2003
Shah Alam
if tuned properly, most definitely will increase performance and also better fuel consumption... make sure its remapped not only copy chip like those mines/ralliart that are not custom mapped to ur engine specs...

kumar22mostwanted

1,500 RPM
Jan 9, 2010
HELL!!!
if tuned properly, most definitely will increase performance and also better fuel consumption... make sure its remapped not only copy chip like those mines/ralliart that are not custom mapped to ur engine specs...
does anyone know anyplace good where i can remap my ecu coz i also feel that standalone is not really worth it while running stock plus i wont be using most of the features in the standalone ems
anyone can please help me out in remapping my ecu:adore::adore::adore:

E6XLancer

Known Member
May 2, 2010
1 Malaysia
why dont try find Racedude...my friends also ask him to Reflash his Evo2 ecu & running very well at affordable prices...:burnout:

pijulrs

Known Member
Dec 31, 2007
why dont try find Racedude...my friends also ask him to Reflash his Evo2 ecu & running very well at affordable prices...:burnout:
who is RACEDUDE bro?
U got his ctc number bro..please PM me.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Rest in peace my baby..
sobz :'( :'(

Beware guyz and keep an eye on Ozzy Orange Kelisa Stuff..Heard that this kida care rarely get stolen..damn..
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience