begging for advice on 318i E36 :D

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

Search

jo-e34

Known Member
Apr 18, 2005
seremban
nth wrong with sr20 jack.....just wanted to share your thoughts......plz carry on if u want to talk about it......and if u dont....its ok....=)

chris_eunos

Known Member
Aug 2, 2005
Perak
how about m50 non vanos 2.0 wish 2.8 crankshaft...with that combination, u can turbo the bugger without any worries!

hungJAcky

Known Member
Oct 3, 2007
from what i know is that sr20 engine is lighter if compare to m50..so i might have even balance weight on my car..not a bad idea by chris, haha..maybe i'll just get into some trouble with jpj for having to the powerSs

jo-e34

Known Member
Apr 18, 2005
seremban
jack,if u want balance maybe thats the way to go....and for the same price....u could also opt for the 1jz/2jz.......which offers you more power at a very reasonable price......however if u plan to turbo charge the m50 be prepared to strengthen the internals and getting a proper software to run with it.....which would costs you another 1 or 2 e36......price.....if budget permits turbo charge a bmw engine.....if wanna save cost a lil go for japs......=)

hungJAcky

Known Member
Oct 3, 2007
thanks jo, i will how things goes for me..but i actually prefer bmw car powered by bmw power :)(:

jo-e34

Known Member
Apr 18, 2005
seremban
if u are looking for power.....nth below.....m power.....if u want a decent drive....only 24 valves.....+ vanos......anything below these...two.....are quite underpowered.....=)

chris_eunos

Known Member
Aug 2, 2005
Perak
With a proper engine management, u wont have to change the engine internals on the m50. I've seen b4 people running 600whp with stock m50 internals. WIth just MLS headgasket and ARP headstuds, and proper tuning such as megasquirt(standalone), u can get almost 350-400whp. Non vanos engine is a very robust engine. Its easier to tune with standalone due to the non vanos head. It has stronger internals and a higher cam duration compare to Vanos m50. Read about it more.

I do agree that japanese engine such as 1jz/2jz are monsters! Not to mention the cheapness to run it. Well, to each of its own. Why not give the bmw engine a chance? Do more research and u'll know why. Its more expensive to be honest...but with a turbocharged bimmer engine, u can never go wrong!

im currently swapping in an m50 non vanos to my car,hopefully will plunk in a turbo next year with 10 psi of boost. I've been laughed by friends who are using 1jz/2jz in their bimmers. well, my money...my call. xD

my 5 cents

Chris

jo-e34

Known Member
Apr 18, 2005
seremban
wow.......600whp.......on stock internals........any leads to this?any websites.....or local.....workshops....that have done....it.....?care to share ?....as i'd like to learn more.....

With a proper engine management, u wont have to change the engine internals on the m50. I've seen b4 people running 600whp with stock m50 internals. WIth just MLS headgasket and ARP headstuds, and proper tuning such as megasquirt(standalone), u can get almost 350-400whp. Non vanos engine is a very robust engine. Its easier to tune with standalone due to the non vanos head. It has stronger internals and a higher cam duration compare to Vanos m50. Read about it more.

I do agree that japanese engine such as 1jz/2jz are monsters! Not to mention the cheapness to run it. Well, to each of its own. Why not give the bmw engine a chance? Do more research and u'll know why. Its more expensive to be honest...but with a turbocharged bimmer engine, u can never go wrong!

im currently swapping in an m50 non vanos to my car,hopefully will plunk in a turbo next year with 10 psi of boost. I've been laughed by friends who are using 1jz/2jz in their bimmers. well, my money...my call. xD

my 5 cents

Chris

A Post Every 5 Mins

sorry to all of yours this is the first time i come and the last time ,i going to tell you all a group of car thieves and olso hijacker at kl cheras area !WJH 4 OLD mercedes-benz fully black and olso fully black tinted he was the master of the group (dangerous guy)see him you will know...he have few young boy working for him there are all working as tukang kunci normally beside the road near wangsa maju.i work for him olso few years ago when the time i want to leave he set me up !i was in...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Search

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience