B18C stroker...

cityVTEC

Jun 4, 2005
TERENGGANU
i want to ask any B16A sifu here....
can we fit a B18c stroker into B16A because of the the same piston size.
what about the crankshaft,is it fit the B16A bottom end....
OR
any modification to engine....piston,crankshaft,conrod etc......

how to indentify B16B cylinder head...it is the 3 square at the exhaust manifold..

thank, need advise from sifu out there..:regular_smile: :regular_smile: :Not_Impressed: :Not_Impressed:

J101

1,000 RPM
Jul 15, 2005
malaysia
- no you cant inside a b16a, but b16b yes.

- there is no stamp saying that is a type-r head. this topic has been convered last few threads.

cityVTEC said:
i want to ask any B16A sifu here....
can we fit a B18c stroker into B16A because of the the same piston size.
what about the crankshaft,is it fit the B16A bottom end....
OR
any modification to engine....piston,crankshaft,conrod etc......

how to indentify B16B cylinder head...it is the 3 square at the exhaust manifold..

thank, need advise from sifu out there..:regular_smile: :regular_smile: :Not_Impressed: :Not_Impressed:

hattech-v

Over 10,000 RPM!
Oct 10, 2004
Seri Kembangan
www.avantech.com.my
to identify the type r head :-

1. the green paint by the distributor (over the years this marking is possible to dissapear)
2. thinner ITR intake valvestem (12% lighter vs GSR/Si valve)
3. minor port work by the valve seat in the ports
4. dual valve springs on both sides (b16a civic and b18c1 gsr heads have only single spring on exhaust side not dual), notice yellow paint on intake side, blue on exhaust side
5. lost motion assembly has a blue dot (the spring rate inside LMA is a bit smoother than normal B16A LMA)

i got the comparison picture during my research on type r head. will upload it when got free time.

avantasia

4,000 RPM
Sep 27, 2004
TeAM C.R.D KL
Visit site
hattech-v said:
to identify the type r head :-

1. the green paint by the distributor (over the years this marking is possible to dissapear)
2. thinner ITR intake valvestem (12% lighter vs GSR/Si valve)
3. minor port work by the valve seat in the ports
4. dual valve springs on both sides (b16a civic and b18c1 gsr heads have only single spring on exhaust side not dual), notice yellow paint on intake side, blue on exhaust side
5. lost motion assembly has a blue dot (the spring rate inside LMA is a bit smoother than normal B16A LMA)

i got the comparison picture during my research on type r head. will upload it when got free time.
huhh huhhh huhhh chempiyang N3 has spoken!!!!!!!!! wow wowww

harpoon

500 RPM
Jan 9, 2005
shah alam n amp
true.....true....
the cempiyen with his words.....

cityVTEC

Jun 4, 2005
TERENGGANU
J101 said:
- no you cant inside a b16a, but b16b yes.

- there is no stamp saying that is a type-r head. this topic has been convered last few threads.

BUT B16B AND B16A HAVE A SAME BORE AND STROKE,HOW CAN B16B CAN???
JUST CURIUOS:embaressed_smile: :embaressed_smile:

J101

1,000 RPM
Jul 15, 2005
malaysia
your "caps lock" button on your keyboard is stuck.

the keyword here is "stroker kit" that means to increase your displacement by whatever means necessary especially the crank. basically its making your block bigger, by increasing stroke and you get more displacement. stroker kits increases the stroke of the engine by a different crankshaft or modifying the journals. b16b is basically a destroked b18c-r block. they got a b18c-r block, through in a b16a crank, made 144mm rods for it and made some higher compression pistons. different cams and an intake....there you go b16b. so if you plan to squeeze the b18c parts into the tiny b16a, forget about it.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

The Honda NSX replacement model that we all thought was taken behind the shed and shot between the eyes was actually just put into deep freeze due to the automotive sector's meltdown in 2008.

Now...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience