Autoexpress previews next-gen 3-Series Bimmers

Dinesh

500 RPM
Oct 13, 2006

It’s almost time for BMW to roll out a full model change for their bread and butter 3 Series and it goes without saying that the excitement surrounding the 2012 F30 3-Series and the 2014 F32 M3 coupe.

Not much info is readily available apart from spy shots and internet renderings but that doesn’t mean that we can’t speculate and feed off the renderings and hearsay. That being said though, some bits and pieces picked up from reliable sources do lend quite a hand in the renderings and spec sayings.

Autoexpress have come out with their own renderings of the next gen 3er based on BMW’s current design language and future headings in regard to engines options. The front fascia features a more upright nose, consistent with the current Z4, 5-Series and 7-Series.

As with all newer models these days, the girth is expected to be bigger in all ways. However, in typical BMW trademark the front and rear overhangs will be shorter to maximise interior room and give an exterior impression of a shorter body.

Under the hood, the F30 will sport a plethora of engine options that include forced induction aside the naturally aspirated ones as well. There will be a range of six-cylinder, four-cylinder and quite possibly even a three-cylinder lump on offer.

As for the range-topping M3 version, the F30/F32 M3 will quite possibly weigh in less than the current M3 with power coming from a twin-turboed straight six in lieu of tightened emission requirements in the future. Power is estimated to be around the 450hp range, slightly building over the current model.

The F30 3-Series has booked a slot at the 2012 Geneva Autoshow in March 2012 for its world debut followed by the F32 coupe a year later. The M3 coupe is expected to toe the line the next year in 2014 and indications are leaning towards the way of the E46, meaning an M3 sedan is most likely not on the cards.

Source: E90Post, BimmerPost and Autoexpress

skazareth

Known Member
Feb 8, 2007
i fell in love when i saw E92 for the 1st time..still remember i chased one of them, 335i at federal hiway just to get a closer look from behind (until he realized n sped up left me alone).
but not this one lah..not yet maybe..