Audi's R8 GT goes topless

Dinesh

500 RPM
Oct 13, 2006

On its own, the Audi R8, whether in V8 or V10 trim, is a beast of a drive but then the boys from Ingolstadt had to go and put the V10 version on a diet and give it some extra ponies for the hard core R8 GT. Not ones to rest on their laurels, and clearly realising the cool factor associated with top-down motoring after watching Ironman 2, they're now reportedly working on an open-top version of the GT.

Penned in for a Frankfurt Motor Show debut in September, the R8 GT Spyder will be powered by the same 5.2-liter V10 lump in the coupe that pushes out 560hp through the R-Tronic six-speed dual-clutch gearbox. However, performance will suffer a little due to the aerodynamic infuriority of having the top down, bringing the top speed down to 310km/h, about 10 down on the fixed-roof version.

All the other changes should carry over as well such as the rear spoiler, front splitter, beefed-up brakes and diet that includes less sound-deadening material, thinner glass and carbon fiber bits. Furthermore, the Alcantara interior will be more visible in the spyder version.

For now we're only blessed with sketches but a preview is expected at the Le Mans race before Frankfurt as is a starring role in the next movie with Ironman at the helm.

Source: Audi

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

i cant believe it when someone try break into my 2 month old SGTI at my office basement carpark. Blady bastard tried to use wires and screwdriver to unlock my passenger door.Thank god i had the safety metal plate installed when i got the car. I can see the safety metal plate is dented . God bless me coz the bastard didnt manage to get in but my door handle lock is broken and my passenger door lower corner has some minor scratches and dent. :( :( :( . He must be trying to pry the door with...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience